NCL site still down for maintenance?

margoula

Updated message on NCL.com:

SYSTEM MESSAGE UPDATE June 2, 2019 - 1:00 PM EDT (5:00 PM UTC)

Please note that due to system maintenance, your eDocs are currently not available. Please check again after Monday, June 3, 2019 at 7:00 PM EDT (11:00 PM UTC).

Still down today Tuesday June 4.

SYSTEM MESSAGE UPDATE June 3, 2019 - 3:00 PM EDT (7:00 PM UTC)

Please note that due to system maintenance, your eDocs are currently not available. Please check again after Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT (4:00 PM UTC).

1 hour ago, racingraysswimmom said:

Still down today Tuesday June 4.

SYSTEM MESSAGE UPDATE June 3, 2019 - 3:00 PM EDT (7:00 PM UTC)

Please note that due to system maintenance, your eDocs are currently not available. Please check again after Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT (4:00 PM UTC).

Another Delay  -  4th time

SYSTEM MESSAGE UPDATE June 4, 2019 - 12:00 PM EDT (4:00 PM UTC)

Please note that due to system maintenance, your eDocs are currently not available. Please check again after Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT (4:00 PM UTC).

I would suggest that you check your reservation.  I have a Sept 1 reservation on the Escape with the airfare promotion and now the travel information is missing and my check is incomplete since I do not have an arrival time (since I was using the airfare promo that was not required at time of on-line check-in).

Been trying to call but constant holds at this time.

Edited by imacruiser99
additional details

4 hours ago, janzzon said:

We will be cruising in June 9 but due to this delay in system maintenance we are still unable to print our edocs. I hope it's up and running tomorrow. 

Ours is the 7th. 

I hope I can print soon too!!!

10 hours ago, janzzon said:

We will be cruising in June 9 but due to this delay in system maintenance we are still unable to print our edocs. I hope it's up and running tomorrow. 

We are cruising June 9 as well. We've been trying to print our edocs for the past several days. Just checked again a few minutes ago....still down, but SUPPOSED to be able to print our edocs by 12 pm tomorrow.

1 hour ago, molole said:

Same, mine is also this weekend.  What happens if we can't print edocs before boarding?  

A very good question. Can you imagine turning up at the port and going to the check in desk and telling them that you have no documents as the NCL site was down. I very much doubt that simply telling them your reservation number would get through check in onto the ship. The check in staff would probably have no idea about any of the issues of the system being down

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

A very good question. Can you imagine turning up at the port and going to the check in desk and telling them that you have no documents as the NCL site was down. I very much doubt that simply telling them your reservation number would get through check in onto the ship. The check in staff would probably have no idea about any of the issues of the system being down

On my last cruise from Miami, a passport, which they scanned, was enough. No papers.

• Thanks 1

I spoke with someone yesterday from NCL about it since we are leaving Friday. He said due to the fact that some people don't have computers, the docs can be printed at the pier. He said they prefer if it's done ahead of time because it makes things easier, but not a requirement. 

Edited by stpetegirl
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, molole said:

Same, mine is also this weekend.  What happens if we can't print edocs before boarding?  

Many who sailed this past weekend reported no problems checking in without their pre-printed eDocs. NCL was ready for them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 12:07 PM, imacruiser99 said:

I would suggest that you check your reservation.  I have a Sept 1 reservation on the Escape with the airfare promotion and now the travel information is missing

We just had the same thing happen for our Business Class flights for October.  Disappeared completely from the Delta site.  Called them and they said NCL never booked the flights.  What????  I had seats assigned and a Delta confirmation number from NCL.  Tried calling NCL Premuim Air but after a LONG hold I called our PCC.  He said this mess started on Sun-Mon when they tried converging/merging and it has created sheer chaos!  I told him we will cancel our flights, possibly our cruise, if they don’t get it resolved to our satisfaction.  We still have until June 22 until final payment is due.  PCC sounded frazzled.  Sounds like a lot of things have been goofed up.  I’m willing to give them a chance to fix this but they don’t have a lot of time.  Think they need to hire some competent IT people there!

We lost our UBP and 4-night specialty dining perks and supposedly they even refunded us the gratuities we paid on those perks.  We have to wait to see if the money goes back on our account, then pay again, and then they will (hopefully) put those perks back on.  Moral of the story - check your reservations!!

12 minutes ago, mertziek said:

We just had the same thing happen for our Business Class flights for October.  Disappeared completely from the Delta site.  Called them and they said NCL never booked the flights.  What????  I had seats assigned and a Delta confirmation number from NCL.  Tried calling NCL Premuim Air but after a LONG hold I called our PCC.  He said this mess started on Sun-Mon when they tried converging/merging and it has created sheer chaos!  I told him we will cancel our flights, possibly our cruise, if they don’t get it resolved to our satisfaction.  We still have until June 22 until final payment is due.  PCC sounded frazzled.  Sounds like a lot of things have been goofed up.  I’m willing to give them a chance to fix this but they don’t have a lot of time.  Think they need to hire some competent IT people there!

Surely cancelling your flights and cruise would cost you a considerable amount of money

11 minutes ago, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

Surely cancelling your flights and cruise would cost you a considerable amount of money

Not if we cancel before the 120 day window.  We are still within that sweet window for another 2 weeks for canceling and no penalty with full refund of deposit.  Giving NCL a few days to sort this out.  I think they will but sounds like they have chaos there right now according to our PCC.

21 hours ago, mertziek said:

Not if we cancel before the 120 day window.  We are still within that sweet window for another 2 weeks for canceling and no penalty with full refund of deposit.  Giving NCL a few days to sort this out.  I think they will but sounds like they have chaos there right now according to our PCC.

Sorry, I was forgetting that in USA the cruising World have different rules and that you can cancel without penalty. If I cancelled a cruise when booking from the UK, my full deposit would be totally lost. 

On 6/5/2019 at 4:44 AM, JOHNHOWARTH2 said:

You do not need the documents for checking in, all you need is your passport or other ID. There is really no purpose in bringing the documents with you.