Entertainment Question - Symphony

My cruise planner opened up maybe a month ago.  I have my entertainment all booked with respect to the production shows.  But (at least for now) - all I see are the production shows and comedy shows.  I've booked Hairspray, Huro, Flight, 1977 and the Comedy shows - which is everything that was available to be booked.

Does this mean there are no guest entertainers - or will those be added later as we get closer to sailing. Not sure if I have to keep checking  back to see if anything new is available.

Bob, there was nothing indicating any headliner performances.

Do you think there will be headliner shows - just without reservations?  Now, I'm wondering if we will have to chose between reservations for a production show and seeing a headliner.  Wish they would put those in the schedule too, to help plan.

28 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Bob, there was nothing indicating any headliner performances.

Do you think there will be headliner shows - just without reservations?  Now, I'm wondering if we will have to chose between reservations for a production show and seeing a headliner.  Wish they would put those in the schedule too, to help plan.

I thought I read a report from one of the Oasis class ships that the headliner show was first come, first served.

4 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

My cruise planner opened up maybe a month ago.  I have my entertainment all booked with respect to the production shows.  But (at least for now) - all I see are the production shows and comedy shows.  I've booked Hairspray, Huro, Flight, 1977 and the Comedy shows - which is everything that was available to be booked.

Does this mean there are no guest entertainers - or will those be added later as we get closer to sailing. Not sure if I have to keep checking  back to see if anything new is available.

Probably won't have anything more on cruise planner. You seem to have all of the big shows.

HOWEVER, once onbaord, the entertainment schedule will show you the first-come-first-serve shows in the ice rink, aqua theater, and main theater (which are just as good as those that you can reserve). 

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Symphony does not have any headliners on board.

I feel that this will carry through to other Oasis class ships in the not so distant future.  

Thanks!  I'm pretty sure on my last two Oasis sailings, that we could see headliner shows in the planner, so you knew how to pick/plan your other shows.  Will report back in August - or maybe others on Symphony now can let us know.

44 minutes ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Thanks!  I'm pretty sure on my last two Oasis sailings, that we could see headliner shows in the planner, so you knew how to pick/plan your other shows.  Will report back in August - or maybe others on Symphony now can let us know.

I've been on Symphony. There are no headliners.  They have been replaced by a red carpet movie night. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to help my cousin book shows on thier Cruise planner, but the only ones that are available are the later show times.   Can they just walk up to the earlier shows and try to get a seat with out a reservation? 

34 minutes ago, mimmymia said:

I'm trying to help my cousin book shows on thier Cruise planner, but the only ones that are available are the later show times.   Can they just walk up to the earlier shows and try to get a seat with out a reservation? 

Yes, they can wait in the standby line which is allowed into the venue about 10 minutes before the show starts,

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've been on Symphony. There are no headliners.  They have been replaced by a red carpet movie night. 

Only other thing they added was family comedy show the last night (same comedians as the adult show but toned down for all ages)