Eurodam or Celebrity Solstice?

dcsam

I just put a hold on a Eurodam June 15 cruise.  We’ve cruised witH HAL several times (never aboard the Eurodam however).  Never cruised with celebrity.  How would these two different ships compare? I need to make up my mind soon.

Thank you.

Are you talking about this year out of Seattle??  We selected the Eurodam because of Glacier Bay.  I don't think there is anything comparable.  We initially booked an oceanview and then upgraded to a balcony when the price dropped.

Celebrity is a great brand, but HAL in Alaska with Glacier Bay is hard to beat.  Have you looked at the Ruby Princess? She also sails out of Seattle and includes Glacier Bay.  My choice would be between those two ships.  We are sailing both this season.

Hope this helps!  Smooth sailing!

Thanks for the information.  Yes, this cruise for a balcony is hard to beat.  I’ll check into the Ruby Princess right now.  I do enjoy Princess.  I’ve cruised on some of their smaller ships.  I’m not terribly fond of their larger ones.  But I’ve only been in the Star.  Way too crowded.  Still... just give me a nice balcony, and I’m a happy camper. 

21 minutes ago, dcsam said:

I’ll check into the Ruby Princess right now.  I do enjoy Princess.  I’ve cruised on some of their smaller ships.  I’m not terribly fond of their larger ones.  But I’ve only been in the Star.  Way too crowded.

If you prefer smaller,  Eurodam has about 1000 fewer passengers than Ruby.   I don't think you can make a bad choice though.

We're sailing Celebrity in March on the Silhouette but would choose Princess or Holland for Alaska.  

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older post and doesn't help the person originally asking the question, but I want to share this.  We are going on the Eurodam to Alaska in July 2020 because of the itinerary - going to Sitka and Icy Strait Point, which we've never done before.  But, if we wanted to head to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan again I'd select Celebrity Solstice - mainly because of their enrichment activities.  They had Brent Nixon and Miss Amanda (found out they were married) who provided the most fantastic talks on Alaska, its wild life, its cities, etc.  They were phenomenal!  I've never seen or heard any enrichment speakers on a cruise ship like them before.  They are fantastic!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EOwens said:

I know this is an older post and doesn't help the person originally asking the question, but I want to share this.  We are going on the Eurodam to Alaska in July 2020 because of the itinerary - going to Sitka and Icy Strait Point, which we've never done before.  But, if we wanted to head to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan again I'd select Celebrity Solstice - mainly because of their enrichment activities.  They had Brent Nixon and Miss Amanda (found out they were married) who provided the most fantastic talks on Alaska, its wild life, its cities, etc.  They were phenomenal!  I've never seen or heard any enrichment speakers on a cruise ship like them before.  They are fantastic!  

Nothing wrong with choosing based on itinerary.   However, ship to ship, Solstice blows Eurodam away.  It wouldn't even be close in my opinion.