Amex offer

sambamama

On 6/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, LF23 said:

I never get this offer on my Hilton Amex; however we used the code posted here last time it was offered, with 2 different Amex, and got the immediate credits on both  cards as soon as we purchased onboard credit from HAL site. 

I have gotten this offer on my amex a few times previously, but this time it's not in my account. I didn't realize a code existed! Would you mind please sharing the code in this thread?  I tried to search for the older post but couldn't find it using the terrible CC search function. 

Also, where did you enter the code?  was it on a specific amex website? Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, BVsmurfette said:

Would you mind please sharing the code in this thread?

I don’t have the current code; I hope someone is able to share.  

Last time, the Amex link for the offer was posted here on CC and I think I just opened that link and followed instructions to add the code to my card. 

I just got the offer today. It appeared on the Amex website when I log in for my everyday card under offers and benefits.  I added it to the card. It does say it has to bee booked between the dates previously mentioned. I am not sure if it will work.

It does not matter if cruise was booked outside of specified dates if you are buying OBC.  The charge shows up as a generic Holland America charge.  AMEX doesn't know what you're paying for.

14 hours ago, rmats said:

It does not matter if cruise was booked outside of specified dates if you are buying OBC.  The charge shows up as a generic Holland America charge.  AMEX doesn't know what you're paying for.

Would that be the same if you are paying on the booking instead of OBC?

2 minutes ago, cknic said:

I would think so, assuming you aren’t running payment through travel agent.  I would CALL Holland America to make payment (instead of using website) to make payment to keep the charge as generic as possible.

18 minutes ago, cknic said:

Yes, the AMEX deal is for any payment to the cruise line. AMEX doesn't care what you bought with it (or if they do care, they don't seem to check or really have any way of knowing exactly what you paid for).  I used the AMEX deal a couple of times - both times was to pay off $500 worth before final payment.  Both times AMEX refunded me immediately.  They didn't have any details except that my card was charged by HAL.

16 minutes ago, rmats said:

I would think so, assuming you aren’t running payment through travel agent.  I would CALL Holland America to make payment (instead of using website) to make payment to keep the charge as generic as possible.

If I booked through a TA I thought I would have to do everything through them.  HAL website for my booking says check TA for payment schedules.  Even so, I'm thinking the charge will show HAL as receiving the payment so it should work.  Thanks.

In Feb I used the link from a post here on this board.  Since I was past final payment, I just bought myself $500 in OBC and got a $100 credit on the card a few days later.  Luckily I charged the cruise to a different card, so when I did not end up spending all of the $500, the left over amount was credited to that other card, not Am Ex.  I would be concerned if the credit went back to Am Ex, as they may revoke the $100 credit.

23 minutes ago, cknic said:

If I booked through a TA I thought I would have to do everything through them.  HAL website for my booking says check TA for payment schedules.  Even so, I'm thinking the charge will show HAL as receiving the payment so it should work.  Thanks.

I don’t think it will work if you go through TA.  Why not buy OBC directly from HAL?  That definitely works.

1 hour ago, cknic said:

I use a TA but all the payments I make show up on my AMEX as going to HAL. 

1 hour ago, rmats said:

I don’t think it will work if you go through TA.  Why not buy OBC directly from HAL?  That definitely works.

On our HAL cruise this summer, I bought OBC through our TA, and received the credit from AMEX. As long as the charge shows up as to the cruise line, it should work.

26 minutes ago, sandyss said:

Can anyone please post the link to the current offer?  It is not on any of our AmEx cards.  Thanks.

It varies - you have to log into your AMEX account online and go to the offers section where all of your offers are listed, and just click to add it to your card, if it's offered for your particular card.  Sometimes they are only for blue card, sometimes only for Platinum, and so on...

6 minutes ago, Moriah said:

It varies - you have to log into your AMEX account online and go to the offers section where all of your offers are listed, and just click to add it to your card, if it's offered for your particular card.  Sometimes they are only for blue card, sometimes only for Platinum, and so on...

This offer is not on any of our 3 Amex Cards.  In the past, I have been able to click on a link that someone posted, and manually add it to one of our cards.  That's the reason that I requested the url for this offer.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

I have the blue everyday card (no annual fee ) and I can't find it.   Anyone else with the no annual fee card getting this offer? 

Yes, I've had it for a month or so.  On that card. Under travel.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

In Feb I used the link from a post here on this board.  Since I was past final payment, I just bought myself $500 in OBC and got a $100 credit on the card

Same for me 

2 hours ago, palolake said:

Yes, I've had it for a month or so.  On that card. Under travel.

Not on my everyday blue card even when I click on travel. Once on an earlier offer, I did get it by clicking travel when I did not find it in the general offers.

Just FYI, If you don’t have the offer or can't see the offer on your account, Amex caps your current offers at 100 for any given card. If you’re already at 100 offers, try adding a few to your card and eventually additional offers should show up. I had to this sometime in the past...and some offers that I was looking for showed up.

I finally upgraded my Amex card to Blue Cash Preferred and will see.   I have always wanted to because of the higher cash rewards offered by the Blue Cash Preferred card but never got around to do it, until now.  If it comes with more perks then even better.  

Just a note to be careful when using it. DH added it to his card. I logged in and tried to add it to mine and it said I couldn’t do that because it was already there. The two cards are on the same AmEx account, just different numbers. 

I purchased a beverage package using my card number. The charge posted as Holland America, but no $150 rebate.

Turns out you HAVE to use the same card number you first added the deal on. Being the same account doesn’t work.  

No worries. I have to buy the other beverage package yet, so I’ll be sure to do it right this time.