I AM ELITE-CABIN MATE IS NOT...

tabprincess

We are taking a cruise and my wife's brother and his wife are joining us.  We are Elite.  The brother-in-law and his wife are Ruby.  We are in a suite.  The brother-in-law and his wife are in the adjacent balcony cabin.

We will not be putting their clothes in our free laundry.  We will eat dinner with them in the anytime dining room rather than ask if they can dine with us in Club Class.  We will enjoy their company on embarkation evening in the Crown Grill but they will pay for their meals while our meals are complimentary.

The cruise line has the right to make the rules.  Passengers do not have the right to pick and choose which rules they want to abide by.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, partybarbie said:

IMHO, you are exaggerating. 

It's not far from an exaggeration since many of the cruises we've been on in the Caribbean there can be 800 to 1,000  Platinum and Elites sailing. 

If many of them wanted to let another couple tag along it would amount to over half the ship. 

1 minute ago, TravelingEA said:

How is this different from what other posters said. One extra cabin is ok, but 4 is not? Does not make sense to me.

I don't agree with 1 cabin let alone 4 .

They didn't earn the status so why should they be allowed to take up additional spots?

There are already too many Platinum/Elite.

You will all be onboard soon enough and will forget all about boarding.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TravelingEA said:

We are going on a Baltic cruise this summer with 4 other couples. We are the only ones with platinum status. We have rooms next to each other. Can the other 8 board early with us?

That is exactly the kind of behavior that sooner or later causes benefits earned and paid for to be discontinued.

If you don't think Princess's rules should be followed then please choose another cruise line.  We already lost a great all inclusive drink package because some unethical people cheated and used it to get free drinks for their friends.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's not far from an exaggeration since many of the cruises we've been on in the Caribbean there can be 800 to 1,000  Platinum and Elites sailing. 

If many of them wanted to let another couple tag along it would amount to over half the ship. 

Platinum members do not have priority tender service.  Prior to tendering, we received permission from the Captain's Circle Host for myself, and my husband, to each bring a guest with us.  I would humbly suggest that if this really bothers you, that on your next cruise, perhaps you can schedule a meeting with the Circle Host to discuss their policies. 

12 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

Platinum members do not have priority tender service.  Prior to tendering, we received permission from the Captain's Circle Host for myself, and my husband, to each bring a guest with us.  I would humbly suggest that if this really bothers you, that on your next cruise, perhaps you can schedule a meeting with the Circle Host to discuss their policies. 

did the captain circle host also grant your 'guests' free laundry and a mini-bar set-up ?  how about the 10% discount in the shops also ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

That is exactly the kind of behavior that sooner or later causes benefits earned and paid for to be discontinued.

If you don't think Princess's rules should be followed then please choose another cruise line.  We already lost a great all inclusive drink package because some unethical people cheated and used it to get free drinks for their friends.

Don't worry about me! I was doing a test to see how far others were willing to bend the rules. I don't even go to the MDR for formal nights, since I don't bring a suit with me. 

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did the captain circle host also grant your 'guests' free laundry and a mini-bar set-up ?  how about the 10% discount in the shops also ?

No, but she did tell me (without me asking) that they were welcome to accompany us to the Past Passenger Cocktail Party.  We ended up not going because the line was too long, and we all had complimentary drink packages anyway. I guess that means more watered-down cocktails for everyone else to enjoy. 😉 Anyway we had already met the Captain at our MTP luncheon, and had our picture taken with him, so there was no point in doing it again. 

Edited by partybarbie
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, partybarbie said:

It sounds like that Captain's Circle Host was very accommodating allowing anyone to benefit from the the Elite privileges. Just ask her & you'll receive no matter what your level. 😀 I will see the next host & see what she had to say about that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TravelingEA said:

Don't worry about me! I was doing a test to see how far others were willing to bend the rules. I don't even go to the MDR for formal nights, since I don't bring a suit with me. 

As I suspected. 

But it nevertheless you did succeed in flushing out some of the rule benders. The reasoning behind their transgressions is always fascinating. 

Edited by Ep010835
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, Lolo4564 said:

While sailing on our last Mexican Riviera cruise, my roommate, (not elite), was told she could not check in with me, nor wait in the lounge with me... They actually made her go thru the other line.  Ridiculous.

This happened to my friend and I in Vancouver. They would not let her get in line with me even though we were sharing a cabin. I ended up going in to the non-platinum/elite line with her. Normally that would not have been a big deal but that line was super, super  long and the elite/platinum line had maybe 8 people in it. When we returned home, I wrote a letter to princess asking them to please train the employees in Vancouver. 

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This happened to my friend and I in Vancouver. They would not let her get in line with me even though we were sharing a cabin. I ended up going in to the non-platinum/elite line with her. Normally that would not have been a big deal but that line was super, super  long and the elite/platinum line had maybe 8 people in it. When we returned home, I wrote a letter to princess asking them to please train the employees in Vancouver. 

That sounds like just 1 individual that didn't get the message & it'll probably never happen again. Most times they're to lenient about letting others join the Elite crowd. 

• Like 1