Book now or wait a bit ??

candylover

1 hour ago, rols said:

So I think that's it for this one, the price will go no lower and these are the last goodies Seabourn are going to toss in the pot. 

Still 5 months to go - a little early to call it I think. I’d say the best price and package  will appear at 3 months out 

BTW is it normal for Seabourn to throwing out so many discounts on cruises - my friend and I who are on the Seabourn mailing list commented on the weekend how many offers we were receiving from them recently. Is it normal at this time of year?

2 hours ago, rols said:

This cruise just showed up on the sale specials in my inbox today. The price remains (the one I see in USD) at 4,299 base however they're adding in the 3 category upgrade so V4s start there, V5s are the price of V2s etc. I can't instantly tell if that also gets OBC and the 300 minutes internet package, believe it does. 

So I think that's it for this one, the price will go no lower and these are the last goodies Seabourn are going to toss in the pot. 

rols, this particular cruise has featured in specials emails here in Australia for a long while.  Maybe because the cruise is local to us here and they are pushing it really hard down under.  The current OB price is A$6499 (includes taxes, fees etc).  Has been at this level since around mid May.  We have had the 3 cat upgrade offer here for some time also.  We booked a V5 for the price of a V2.  With our booking was US$500 OBC but not internet.   Just had a look at Seabourn site and heaps of suites are available.   Even though we have booked, I still believe price will come down a bit more.  Incidentally we still have some time with zero penalty, if we decided to cancel/rebook etc.

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Still 5 months to go - a little early to call it I think. I’d say the best price and package  will appear at 3 months out 

BTW is it normal for Seabourn to throwing out so many discounts on cruises - my friend and I who are on the Seabourn mailing list commented on the weekend how many offers we were receiving from them recently. Is it normal at this time of year?

Stickman1990, I too believe that the price will drop a little further.  Lots of suites still available online.  Since we have booked on this cruise Seabourn has ceased sending us any advertising, specials etc.  But prior to our booking we were receiving so much from Seabourn via email but also at least twice a week by normal mail.  We commented here just how much we were being bombarded.

candylover. Just received an email from Seabourn, OB price on the cruise you’re watching has just gone up by A$500!

Although the other prices (V2/V5) seem to be the same as previous.

5D405144-1368-412F-A867-C7547FEDA25B.jpeg

Edited by SKP946

13 minutes ago, SKP946 said:

candylover. Just received an email from Seabourn, OB price on the cruise you’re watching has just gone up by A$500!

Although the other prices (V2/V5) seem to be the same as previous.

5D405144-1368-412F-A867-C7547FEDA25B.jpeg

SKP946, got the same email.  Yes noticed the increased OB price but all other V cats remained the same.  We actually have booked a V5 a few weeks ago, as I believe the price is really good.  However I wouldn't be surprised if it still comes down a bit closer to sailing.  We shall see ...

6 minutes ago, candylover said:

SKP946, got the same email.  Yes noticed the increased OB price but all other V cats remained the same.  We actually have booked a V5 a few weeks ago, as I believe the price is really good.  However I wouldn't be surprised if it still comes down a bit closer to sailing.  We shall see ...

candylover. I’m watching this as we only have to sail another 3 days to qualify for our next complimentary week.

I’m trying to convince SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) that we should take this lower priced cruise close to home, so then we can offset our complimentary against a much higher price cruise next time. 

Last year this Bali - Sydney dropped to A$4999 ! (Maybe not this year)

1 minute ago, SKP946 said:

candylover. I’m watching this as we only have to sail another 3 days to qualify for our next complimentary week.

I’m trying to convince SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) that we should take this lower priced cruise close to home, so then we can offset our complimentary against a much higher price cruise next time. 

From what I understand last year the same cruise did not sail full - I think 540 or maybe 560.  We are just looking forward to a cruise not far from home and with lots of sea days.  All our other cruises have been port intensive - can't even remember having a sea day and also taking ages to get there (but you would know all about that coming from Melb).  The time it took us to get to Bridgetown from Melb for our Carib cruise has left me scarred.  We are not near qualifying for complimentary week yet but I can see your logic in wanting to offset against a pricier cruise.  Hope to see you on board!!

I think on this cruise last year Seabourn reduced the price percentage loading for singles, so maybe that explains the lower total pax numbers?

Edited by SKP946

2 hours ago, SKP946 said:

you convinced me

• 3 weeks later...

I have been following all your suggestions and notice the price is still very reasonable for this cruise.

There is one concern re: weather at this time of year for this itinerary. Are there any previous cruisers who can enlighten us, please ?

We were on that cruise last year the heat was a bit warm for us Aucklanders but it wasn't as bad as we were expecting. It rained at Townsville in the afternoon which was okay as we were back on board after our tour. This rain was due to a cyclone passing through. We missed Airlie Beach due to the cyclone. The weather was beautiful without a cloud in the sky sailing into Sydney until it hailed when we reached the wharf, which we were told, caused a lot of damage to cars  but that was over very quickly. We enjoyed the cruise

HAIL.jpg

Edited by Thecat123

14 minutes ago, koalapanda said:

Thank you TheCat , December sounds like a mixed bag of weather but at least not turbulent.

It’s cyclone season at that time and it is in the tropics - they can be quite turbulent and certainly create conditions where tendering is not possible as happened last year 

It was quite hot and humid when we were in the tropics

The hail storm that hit Sydney on the day we arrived was significant and caused a lot of damage around the city (millions of dollars worth) - it was particularly bad - however Sydney will often get late afternoon thunder and lightening storms with occasional hail 

Having said that the weather is variable and I wouldn’t let it put me off cruising that route at that time of year 

Edited by Stickman1990

We remember seeing the Sydney Hail storm on the news last year on your disembarkation day.

In the past we have sailed repositioning cruises up the Coast in Feb/March. The weather had been diabolical and Asia encroaching Spring as humid as is can get.  Never have we been able to tender  into Airlie Beach. Panda we also call Tropical Man is not bothered by the humidity . Koala with different heritage, slightly acclimatised does still come up rosy in the tropics.

To be honest some Seabourn spoiling will dampen any discomfort.

32 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Having said that the weather is variable and I wouldn’t let it put me off cruising that route at that time of year  

Thank you .

49 minutes ago, koalapanda said:

Thank you TheCat , December sounds like a mixed bag of weather but at least not turbulent.

We've done this trip twice, both times finishing a few days before Christmas, in the last 10 years. For the two we did it was hot and sunny every day, no weather at all. It was millpond smooth inside the barrier reef and the only sea we felt at all, either trip, was a little swell on the night before we got to Sydney. There were in fact some days it was brutally hot, I recall we decided to trek back to the ship in one port, you could see it quite clearly from the town. By the time we'd walked an hour, even mostly downhill, we arrived at the ship a little the worse for wear having drunk all the water we were carrying. I want to say that was Darwin but .. I'm not entirely sure any more, it was one of the ports before the reef. 

Thank you  " rols" your thoughts are most encouraging. Sounds like you had a slight heat stroke . We will take your warning , quite happy to have a swim instead of walk. By the way did you board in Singapore or Bali ? I am tossing up the opportunity of 17 or 24 days . It is tempting being so close to home . Our preference would be Singapore for a food fest for a few days pre cruise .

Edited by koalapanda

8 hours ago, koalapanda said:

Thank you  " rols" your thoughts are most encouraging. Sounds like you had a slight heat stroke . We will take your warning , quite happy to have a swim instead of walk. By the way did you board in Singapore or Bali ? I am tossing up the opportunity of 17 or 24 days . It is tempting being so close to home . Our preference would be Singapore for a food fest for a few days pre cruise .

We've always boarded here in Singapore, it's nice to be still packing at midday and then cab to the port. That said, those two trips didn't do that week of stops in Indonesia and headed almost straight for Darwin, starting with a few sea days, so they were still closer to two weeks than three.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, Stickman1990 said:

You win! it just showed up on the 'Set Sail' with a new low price of $3,999. And it is 3 months out as you correctly guessed. Sure wish I had 17 days vacation left this year, that's a great price. 

• Haha 1

Just now, rols said:

You win! it just showed up on the 'Set Sail' with a new low price of $3,999. And it is 3 months out as you correctly guessed. Sure wish I had 17 days vacation left this year, that's a great price. 

Ha - hold your nerve! And you get rewarded - it certainly won’t happen on many routes but this Bali relocation (for many lines) is definitely one of them 

Is that US$ or A$? - if A$ it’s a sensational price  - I might even look at it

13 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Ha - hold your nerve! And you get rewarded - it certainly won’t happen on many routes but this Bali relocation (for many lines) is definitely one of them 

Is that US$ or A$? - if A$ it’s a sensational price  - I might even look at it

no it's USD, I always look at the main site as they don't have local (Singapore) pricing. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rols said:

no it's USD, I always look at the main site as they don't have local (Singapore) pricing. 

OK - thanks - looks like we’ll have to wait til our Crystal cruise in January then 🙂 

Interesting the A$ pricing hasn’t changed to reflect that (yet)

Currently lowest price listed on the Seabourn site is A$6998 - but US$3999 is around A$58350 - so if people were booking it you’d want to do so through a US Travel Agent at this point 

This link should work but it may be driven by the location of the IP address of the person searching

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/find-a-cruise.html#{!tag=destinationTag}destinationIds=P&{!tag=embarkTag}embarkPortCode=&{!tag=departTag}departDate=&{!tag=durationTag}duration=&{!tag=shipsTag}shipId=&{!tag=cruisetypeTag}cruiseType=&{!tag=portsTag}portsOfCall=&soldOut=false&=&start=0&sort=departDate asc,price_AUD_anonymous asc&group.sort=departDate asc,price_AUD_anonymous asc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...