Ajaccio on a Sunday

morepunk

I’m going to be in Ajaccio this coming Sunday, with MSC Seaview, and just wondered if anyone has any experience of visiting on a Sunday? I was hoping to check out the market but we don’t arrive in port until 12pm. Will there be much that’s open?

17 hours ago, morepunk said:

I’m going to be in Ajaccio this coming Sunday, with MSC Seaview, and just wondered if anyone has any experience of visiting on a Sunday? I was hoping to check out the market but we don’t arrive in port until 12pm. Will there be much that’s open?

I just read that the market at Place Foch is open on Sunday from 7a.m. to 1p.m.  

• 4 months later...

Hey Morepunk,

what did you end up doing on your Sunday in Ajaccio? We will be there next June on a Sunday and I’m trying to figure our day out. Msc Seaview from 12-7 pm if anyone else has any recommendations 😉 I’m hoping to figure out how to go on a hike into the hills...

thanks! 
Kathy

4 hours ago, kathleen21 said:

Hey Morepunk,

what did you end up doing on your Sunday in Ajaccio? We will be there next June on a Sunday and I’m trying to figure our day out. Msc Seaview from 12-7 pm if anyone else has any recommendations 😉 I’m hoping to figure out how to go on a hike into the hills...

thanks! 
Kathy

Hey Kathy,

The market at Place Foch was still open when we arrived in port, so we spent a while looking at the fresh produce. It’s not a huge market but it has a nice selection of stalls.

We then went for a walk around town, but nothing too strenuous, and eventually settled at a bar for a few drinks. There were plenty of bars and restaurants open much to my surprise.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise next year!

morepunk