Princess EZAir - specifically Delta

Anubi

We are flying to Berlin next year to do a Baltics cruise.  Before we use EZAir, I want to know if we book our air thru Princess EZAir on Delta, can we book Comfort Class through EZAir or do we have to ticket with Delta to do any upgrades.   

Thanks for any help.  

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

We are flying to Berlin next year to do a Baltics cruise.  Before we use EZAir, I want to know if we book our air thru Princess EZAir on Delta, can we book Comfort Class through EZAir or do we have to ticket with Delta to do any upgrades.   

Thanks for any help.  

I'm by no means an expert on EZAir so I cannot answer your question fully...however, do be aware that Delta Comfort+ is not technically an "upgrade", which can be both good and bad. Good, because some fares booked through cruise lines are not eligible for upgrades. Bad, because what you're really getting is a little extra legroom and a couple of other basic perks, not a true upgrade to another class of service.

Not sure where in the GWN you are starting from.  I took a stab and did Toronto for a peep.  I looked at Matrix for flights next year with Delta just to see what would pop.  Under "Delta", the flights are all actually operated by KLM or Air France with the exception of one that takes a regional jet to JFK and then goes on Delta metal.  

So, look at KLM and Air France to see what type of "premium economy" offers they have.  I know on Delta, there are actually 2 possibilities, depending on route and metal: the usual "Comfort +" that you find on DL domestic flights, leg-wise, and "Delta Premium Select" on some flights.   I know Air France has 3 classes, too.   So, it's really hard to give any guidance.  Plus, be aware that there are "Basic Economy" prices on Delta International flights.  You do NOT want that unless you can't afford the few dollars extra for regular Main Cabin - you can't upgrade those no matter what.

FWIW, DL does not operate any international services from Canada other than to the USA.  Of course, one could buy a DL ticket that involves a connection in the USA, but there is no non-stop service.  Or, as mentioned, the DL "ticket" is actually operated by one of their partners.

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

FWIW, DL does not operate any international services from Canada other than to the USA.  Of course, one could buy a DL ticket that involves a connection in the USA, but there is no non-stop service.  Or, as mentioned, the DL "ticket" is actually operated by one of their partners.

We are planning on flying out of the US.  We can be in Buffalo in 90 minutes or Detroit in 3 hours.  If the cost is worth it, the drive isn't a problem.  

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Not sure where in the GWN you are starting from.  I took a stab and did Toronto for a peep.  I looked at Matrix for flights next year with Delta just to see what would pop.  Under "Delta", the flights are all actually operated by KLM or Air France with the exception of one that takes a regional jet to JFK and then goes on Delta metal.  

So, look at KLM and Air France to see what type of "premium economy" offers they have.  I know on Delta, there are actually 2 possibilities, depending on route and metal: the usual "Comfort +" that you find on DL domestic flights, leg-wise, and "Delta Premium Select" on some flights.   I know Air France has 3 classes, too.   So, it's really hard to give any guidance.  Plus, be aware that there are "Basic Economy" prices on Delta International flights.  You do NOT want that unless you can't afford the few dollars extra for regular Main Cabin - you can't upgrade those no matter what.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.  

19 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I'm by no means an expert on EZAir so I cannot answer your question fully...however, do be aware that Delta Comfort+ is not technically an "upgrade", which can be both good and bad. Good, because some fares booked through cruise lines are not eligible for upgrades. Bad, because what you're really getting is a little extra legroom and a couple of other basic perks, not a true upgrade to another class of service.

I understand what you're saying.... the benefits of Comfort+ over Main Cabin Economy are marginal at best.  But Comfort+ IS sold as a separate fare class, and on regular published fares one can often book Main Cabin and then "upgrade" to Comfort+ with money or miles.  I imagine that's what the OP means.  OP- do pay attention to Zach's post though.  IMHO, Comfort+ isn't all that.  As he said, it's literally just a little extra leg room and you can board a little earlier, though on international flights there is typically plenty of overhead bin space so early boarding isn't a big deal.  What you can book through EZ Air will depend on what EZ Air has chosen to offer.  But be aware that as Slidergirl mentioned, cruise air programs sometimes list just "Economy" which for Delta can bean EITHER Main Cabin or Basic Economy, and it may not be clear which you're buying (and good luck asking the cruise air rep; they probably don't know either).  If you end up with Basic Economy there is no advance seat selection, nor are you allowed to upgrade. If you are set on Comfort+, I'd book it outright from the start.

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Edited by waterbug123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

I understand what you're saying.... the benefits of Comfort+ over Main Cabin Economy are marginal at best.  But Comfort+ IS sold as a separate fare class, and on regular published fares one can often book Main Cabin and then "upgrade" to Comfort+ with money or miles.  I imagine that's what the OP means.  OP- do pay attention to Zach's post though.  IMHO, Comfort+ isn't all that.  As he said, it's literally just a little extra leg room and you can board a little earlier, though on international flights there is typically plenty of overhead bin space so early boarding isn't a big deal.  What you can book through EZ Air will depend on what EZ Air has chosen to offer.  But be aware that as Slidergirl mentioned, cruise air programs sometimes list just "Economy" which for Delta can bean EITHER Main Cabin or Basic Economy, and it may not be clear which you're buying (and good luck asking the cruise air rep; they probably don't know either).  If you end up with Basic Economy there is no advance seat selection, nor are you allowed to upgrade. If you are set on Comfort+, I'd book it outright from the start.

Thanks for clarifying, my mistake. I'm no Delta expert and it shows!

For the OP, a few weeks ago we flew Delta from SLC to AMS and then CDG to SLC. We flew main cabin and were in the row right behind comfort +. I took a good look at the leg room and saw no difference. There was no separation between this area and main cabin. Service was exactly the same. Same meal choices and complimentary alcohol choices. The only advantage that I could see was that comfort pax enter and exit the plane a bit before main cabin. On long international flights, purchasing main cabin and then upgrading to a preferred seat as close to comfort are as  possible is worth considering depending on the cost compared to comfort. On both of our flights, we purchased preferred seats and since the configuration of the plane was 2-4-2, we chose the row with 2  seats and I believe the cost was an additional $50 per person although the cost can vary, I think. So this may be an option for you that will give you all the advantage of comfort ( as others have said, it isn’t much) and save some money too.  That said, I would consider the configuration of the aircraft that you will be flying and keep in mind that equipment changes are common. 

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...