Where can I get jerk chicken and meat patties(jamaican style)

liamur14

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 10:22 PM, liamur14 said:

Hi, Coming from cruise pier, where can I get Cayman (jamaican) meat patties and jerk?

Someone said there are van vendors selling them close to pier?  Thanks. Be there in a few days.  

Went there last year .no more street vendors.i had my jerk and beef Patty in ocho Rios.t hey banned street vendors trying to make the place more respectable.i guess.i actually liked them.

I left out something.ask the  crew members on the ship they would know where to get "ethnic" food.i remember talking to a server on celebrity saying something about getting some food from home in port when she got off for a bit..sorry best that I can offer.

Up West Bay Road past Royal Palms in the area called Spotts Beach is/was a small hole in the wall place called Red Bay Jerk Chicken.  It's by a church, kinda across the road from Deckers near the Beach Suites Hotel.  No signs.

Just a couple of guys and grills made from 50 gallon drums.  Don't recall meat patties but great chicken and pork.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, crewsweeper said:

Up West Bay Road past Royal Palms in the area called Spotts Beach is/was a small hole in the wall place called Red Bay Jerk Chicken.  It's by a church, kinda across the road from Deckers near the Beach Suites Hotel.  No signs.

Just a couple of guys and grills made from 50 gallon drums.  Don't recall meat patties but great chicken and pork.

It's been awhile since we have been back to GC.  Is this walkable from the pier?

2 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Spotts Beach I know is on the south shore ..... your other references are on 7 mile north of the tender areas

image.thumb.png.15ea0a1d35e2e0b33c01f2fa99edeac6.png

Yes it's up in the 7MB area.  Guessing the google map I used to try to get landmarks was in error. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, bankofdad said:

What ever happened to Seymour's?  I can't seem to find anything recent at all on his Jerk Chicken stand.  Last I heard was he was set up on Public Beach next to Calico Jack's, but not anymore?

I thought I read somewhere he's over at Cayman Cabana but only operates on the weekends.

I vaguely remember seeing a sign that the tortuga rum cake factory (by AL Thompson) was serving Seymour’s Jerk now, but I didn’t pay enough attention to see if it was only certain days/times or what.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, TurtleTagger said:

Most gas stations will have patties for sale, just ask a taxi driver.

Best one we have found is about a 5 minute walk from the pier.

Take a right from the tender port, go a few blocks up and turn left on Boilers street.
Follow it along until you see the station on the left hand side.
Mike's Esso On the Run.
Corner of Boilers and Walkers.
They have a little deli station to one side that sells subs, chicken tenders and also Beef and Chicken Meat Pies.
So far, these are the best we have had on the island!

Not sure where to get jerk chicken though...

Also, say hi to the majestic rooster that patrols that area!

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

• 4 weeks later...