Obstructed view cabins

mika6617

Hello all, looking for some help if possible.

Thinking about giving Britannia another crack this year after a poor experience back in 2016 as some of the more recent reviews have been more positive and things seemed to have improved.

I haven't had any experience with obstructed balcony cabins (having done a couple of standard balcony ones) and was wondering just how obstructed they could be. I was wondering if the obstructions were a 'make or break' for most of you out there. I have seen a couple of videos and photographs on line but they don't really give you a feel for them

Any advice and info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

19 minutes ago, mika6617 said:

Hello all, looking for some help if possible.

Thinking about giving Britannia another crack this year after a poor experience back in 2016 as some of the more recent reviews have been more positive and things seemed to have improved.

I haven't had any experience with obstructed balcony cabins (having done a couple of standard balcony ones) and was wondering just how obstructed they could be. I was wondering if the obstructions were a 'make or break' for most of you out there. I have seen a couple of videos and photographs on line but they don't really give you a feel for them

Any advice and info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Check out Renmar's site.  Click on "Click here to access Royal Regal Majestic site" Royal and Regal have same cabins as Britannia (Majestic is a variant in this area) Princess "E" deck is same as Britannia "G" deck.  Compare any cabin number E for G and you will have a good idea on each cabin.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinbyviewrenmar/regal-royal-princess

https://wwwcruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabinsE101-E230

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thanks for that I will have a look, I have seen some images on line myself of these cabins but I was hoping to see if some one out there had any real feel experience.

Thanks again

Mika

We have booked an obstructed view on Arcadia for this August and we have had similar on Artemis and another cruise line.  P&O have pictures of views from obstructed view cabins on their website - we looked at a number of the Arcadia ones before booking.  So they may well have them recorded for Britannia balconies.  I cannot find the link I had, but I know it was under FAQ's so perhaps you can pull them up. 

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about my late response (been away) but thanks for the info. Not sure if I'm prepared to give Britannia another go (Ventura and Azura are going out roughly the same time) but then you can never say never.