Vancouver airport to port

1 hour ago, DeSto said:

We arrive at Vancouver airport at 10:45 a.m. June 12.Ā  Need recommendations for transportation from airport to cruise port.Ā Taxi, shuttle, private transport?

On exiting the arrivals building you will find a long line of cabs. Cabs from YVR are fixed price, with Canada Place being $35. Journey should be 30 - 40 mins. You also have the option of Skytrain, which departs from the airport to downtown, close to Canada Place.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, Heidi13 said:

On exiting the arrivals building you will find a long line of cabs. Cabs from YVR are fixed price, with Canada Place being $35. Journey should be 30 - 40 mins. You also have the option of Skytrain, which departs from the airport to downtown, close to Canada Place.

Can we pay the CAD$35 taxi fare with U.S. credit card?Ā  Any extra fee for luggages?Ā  How much tips should we tip the taxi driver?

Ā 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Can we pay the CAD$35 taxi fare with U.S. credit card?Ā  Any extra fee for luggages?Ā  How much tips should we tip the taxi driver?

Ā 

Thank you.

All YVR taxis should be set up to accept at least Visa & Mastercard. They are not permitted to charge extra for luggage.

Ā 

Can't help with tips, as I will only tip based on the quality of service provided.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, chubbypiggy said:

I have never taken taxi.Ā  For restaurant services, in U.S., the tipping is about 18-20% of the total bill.Ā  I guess I will just tip the same way as tipping restaurants.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Thank you.

If the fare is $35, I would add $5 for a total $40.Ā  That's CAD of course.Ā  I plan on picking up a few CAD just for cab fare.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, Heidi13 said:

All YVR taxis should be set up to accept at least Visa & Mastercard. They are not permitted to charge extra for luggage.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Will Vancouver taxi's accept USD ? A flat fee of $35 CAD plus $5 tip CAD will be about $ 31-32 USD I think at today's conversion rate if you don't want to credit card it or have CAD available?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:24 AM, DeSto said:

We arrive at Vancouver airport at 10:45 a.m. June 12.Ā  Need recommendations for transportation from airport to cruise port.Ā Taxi, shuttle, private transport?

Ā 

Skytrain's Canada Line (subway) is $9.25 from the airport to downtown (4.25 the other way); ticket machines take credit cards (MC/Visa), or you can just tap your card if your credit card has contactless purchases.

Ā 

Runs every 6 minutes during the day, and generally faster than a taxi in traffic.Ā  Drops you 3 blocks from the Cruise Terminal (use the "Granville St Exit" at "Waterfront" -- the last station on the line), you exit at the corner of Granville and W.Hastings.

Ā 

Personally given the choice between a taxi and Skytrain, I'll take Skytrain every time to get downtown.

Ā 

DD and I took Skytrain to Pan Pacific next to the port the first time we visited Vancouver in 2015. Itā€™s easy but we had to walked up a flight of stairs with our suitcases.Ā When we visited again with my elderly mom in 2017Ā , we took the taxi. If you have more than 2Ā people in your party with more suitcases, go for taxi.Ā 

On 8/12/2019 at 3:33 PM, scottbee said:

Ā 

Skytrain's Canada Line (subway) is $9.25 from the airport to downtown (4.25 the other way); ticket machines take credit cards (MC/Visa), or you can just tap your card if your credit card has contactless purchases.

Ā 

Runs every 6 minutes during the day, and generally faster than a taxi in traffic.Ā  Drops you 3 blocks from the Cruise Terminal (use the "Granville St Exit" at "Waterfront" -- the last station on the line), you exit at the corner of Granville and W.Hastings.

Ā 

Personally given the choice between a taxi and Skytrain, I'll take Skytrain every time to get downtown.

Ā 

Do they take debit cards?

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Do they take debit cards?

The ticket vending machines certainly do. As to 'tapping' - if your Debit card can use Visa or MC systems to be processed (pretty common - check your card for the logos) then it may well work for that too, but if it doesn't there will be a machine to buy the ticket very close by at any SkyTrain station.

1 minute ago, martincath said:

The ticket vending machines certainly do. As to 'tapping' - if your Debit card can use Visa or MC systems to be processed (pretty common - check your card for the logos) then it may well work for that too, but if it doesn't there will be a machine to buy the ticket very close by at any SkyTrain station.

Taxi's too?Ā  My son in law and wife will be joining us.Ā  He doesn't believe in credit cards.

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Taxi's too?Ā  My son in law and wife will be joining us.Ā  He doesn't believe in credit cards.

Canadian debit cards are commonly taken (Interac is the name of our most popular debit payment network) but foreign debit cards will need to have Visa or MC processing capability so it depends on his bank.

Ā 

I can also promise that Credit Cards do exist even if he doesn't believe in them šŸ˜‰

On 8/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, martincath said:

Canadian debit cards are commonly taken (Interac is the name of our most popular debit payment network) but foreign debit cards will need to have Visa or MC processing capability so it depends on his bank.

Ā 

I can also promise that Credit Cards do exist even if he doesn't believe in them šŸ˜‰

He does have the Visa/MC processing capability.

It would be more correct to state that he prefers to have a debit card rather than credit card.