Playa Mia- buffet/open bar or order off menu

cheermomof2girls

Anyone have any opinion on which is better and why?  It's me and my two daughters, and friend and her two daughters.  Price difference is around 85 for the three of us.

I've read reviews that say the food is not very good on the buffet, so thought the menu might be a better option, but not sure.

And, any other thoughts on this excursion?  It will be our first time here.  Thought it would be less party atmosphere than Mr Sanchos but more for the kids than Nachi.

I'll just say don't discount Nachi Cocum just because it has a reputation of having less stuff for kids to do. We first went there when my two girls were 5 and 6 and they have been there six times since then. They love it. They love being in the pool and swimming up to the bar to order a strawberry smoothie. Or just playing in the ocean and snorkeling. (It's not great snorkeling, but it's fun for them.) And jumping off the end of the pier and swimming back to shore.

There's no big inflatables in the water, but other than that - it's better in every other way. If your kids really need the inflatables, then go with Playa Mia, but if you think they will have fun without them, then you really should strongly consider Nachi.