Stockholder OBC YAY!!!

Ok I have to say, given the fare I booked and that it came with $100 OBC, I totally did not expect to get my Shareholder OBC.  But, ever the optimist, I submitted the paperwork anyway (well twice - once via email (no response in over a month) and once via snail mail) and then a couple weeks ago I finally got an email that they are giving me the $100 OBC!!!  WOOHOO  Yes, I've printed the email so that I have proof when I get on board ship, if it doesn't appear before then.

Just wanted to share with everyone. Not sure if I just managed to slip through or if RCCL has changed a policy or something, but maybe it will give others hope for the same.

116 days till sailing and Mom and I will make good use of our $200 total OBC!

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What is the nature of the $100 OBC that came with your booking?  From a travel agent?

No! That's why I was so surprised.  I booked online direct with RCCL and it was part of the booking deal.   I don't remember what the sale was - 30% off each guest and $100 OBC or something like that.  I booked it 18 months ago and I've watched a lot of football since then and consumed much alcohol drowning my sorrows, so my memory isn't quite what it used to be. 😄

12 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Ok I have to say, given the fare I booked and that it came with $100 OBC, I totally did not expect to get my Shareholder OBC.  But, ever the optimist, I submitted the paperwork anyway (well twice - once via email (no response in over a month) and once via snail mail) and then a couple weeks ago I finally got an email that they are giving me the $100 OBC!!!  WOOHOO  Yes, I've printed the email so that I have proof when I get on board ship, if it doesn't appear before then.

Just wanted to share with everyone. Not sure if I just managed to slip through or if RCCL has changed a policy or something, but maybe it will give others hope for the same.

116 days till sailing and Mom and I will make good use of our $200 total OBC!

Didn’t think you could submit so far ahead of time. 

2 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

No! That's why I was so surprised.  I booked online direct with RCCL and it was part of the booking deal.   I don't remember what the sale was - 30% off each guest and $100 OBC or something like that.  I booked it 18 months ago and I've watched a lot of football since then and consumed much alcohol drowning my sorrows, so my memory isn't quite what it used to be. 😄

Well, that's great that you got the shareholder benefit. Maybe they have changed the rules about combining.

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Didn’t think you could submit so far ahead of time. 

I originally submitted via email about 6 months before the cruise and then again via snail mail 5 months before the cruise.  I guess you could submit right after you book the cruise if you wanted. 

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Well, that's great that you got the shareholder benefit. Maybe they have changed the rules about combining.

Gosh I hope so! We continue to be shareholders for a reason. I would think they would make it worth our while...even if we don't sail with them often.

Recently I have been consistently having good luck with the shareholder benefit.  I was surprised for my TA this fall to get it.  I already had $200 RCL benefit for the inconvenience of  another cancelled TA, but I got the full $250, so I have unexpected money to burn.  IMO something has changed, but I’m not sure what.  Maybe they just don’t want to PO shareholders any more.

• Like 1

Just now, biomedbob said:

Haven't been able to use it for about the last 5 years because of the combinability  (sp).  I always try but get rejected.  Have a cruise booked in November and can hope....12 days=200 OBC.

Where do you go to apply?

I get a diamond plus discount and also thought the benefit was not combinable.

1 hour ago, olemissreb said:

I believe, if you booked it 18 mos. ago, I got the same as a promo for booking a non-refundable deposit.

I’ve gotten it years ago but haven’t tried in several years because it is my understanding that you did not get it with any kind of special that you use for booking. Is that still the case

2 minutes ago, Artemus said:

I’ve gotten it years ago but haven’t tried in several years because it is my understanding that you did not get it with any kind of special that you use for booking. Is that still the case

Not combinable with the balcony discounts, but combinable with other promos, unless specified in the fine (tiny) print.  For instance on my upcoming 11 Anthem cruise, got balcony discount ($350), OBC of $200 for booking on board and an add'l $75 from a promo that RCL was running.

Edited by nelblu

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Not combinable with the balcony discounts, but combinable with other promos, unless specified in the fine (tiny) print.

Thank you. I get such a good deal now that I doubt it’s worthwhile spending my time checking.

3 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Ok....i found the form to submit.

I mail off a request for my next few cruises and see what happens.

This is from the investors site.....

Screenshot_2019-06-05-18-00-05.png

These restrictions seem less than before.  No mention of OBC or C&A balcony discount.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

These restrictions seem less than before.  No mention of OBC or C&A balcony discount.

Since it's not mentioned in black & white, wonder if the balcony discount is combinable with the shareholder benefit now.  It would be a nice added benefit.  Also, is it retroactive as I just booked a few cruises.

Edited by nelblu

The balcony discount and the shareholder benefit are not combinable.  It really only works for an oceanview or or inside.  For a while there it was routinely being rejected for my inside cabin bookings.  I had to fight for it on several cruises, which was a PITA.  If you had a $25 gratuitous OBC, it was rejected.  However, if you pushed them on it, they would deduct $25 and give you the balance.  They now seem to be handling that scenario better for their stockholders, but there always seems to be a new twist.

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Since it's not mentioned in black & white, wonder if the balcony discount is combinable with the shareholder benefit now.  It would be a nice added benefit.  Also, is it retroactive as I just booked a few cruises.

I would think the terms at the time of redemption would be in effect.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

13 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I would think the terms at the time of redemption would be in effect.

Just read a section of section 8 of the Q&A and the date in effect is June 1, 2019.  Wonder?

8. Are there any restrictions?

Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held.

Will send an e-mail and see what the response is.

18 hours ago, nelblu said:

I believe, if you booked it 18 mos. ago, I got the same as a promo for booking a non-refundable deposit.

But mine was a refundable deposit!  I wanted the refundable deposit because my mom is 82 and "just in case" something came up and we had to cancel.  So far so good, doesn't look like we'll have to cancel.  In fact, my mom is renewing her passport so hopefully we'll find ways to use it over the next 10 years! 😀