Help a newbie out before I lose my mind! lol

legieza

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

It's called adding on to a comment. They are available in the lido, and available for no additional cost room service

Just off the Horizon and the only speciality coffee I found was available at the Java Blue Cafe for an additional charge.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:05 AM, dsotm73 said:

"To build off'"? WHERE are these free specialty coffees (of which you speak available? Or are you referring to the free swill on LIDO?

I think that’s what they mean. We have not seen anything mixed up by a barista included either.  There is sugar and milk or cream to mix into it.

• Like 1

For the pictures, the picture package is roughly the cost of 5 pictures.  And then you get the canvas free.  The canvas isn't framed, which makes it easier to take home, but that means you'll need to put it on a frame when you get home. If you are trying to cut costs, you can always buy a couple of their pictures if you're interested, and take your own elsewhere.  You can't use their backdrops, but no reason you can't take your own pictures elsewhere. 

For the Cheers package, there is a spreadsheet floating around here somewhere that breaks down the cost of drinks.  If you just want to pre-buy drinks, you can buy cruise cash ahead of time.  I like to buy discounted Carnival gift cards and apply them to my account before sailing.  They sometimes show up on gift card resale sites, sometimes ebay has coupons or discounts on them, and if you do Swagbucks or something you can cash out for Paypal gift cards and fund them that way.  Depending on where you live, sometimes grocery stores have them on sale as well- but that doesn't happen here so I don't know much about that.  You can also use the discounted gift cards to pay for Cheers and/or excursions booked thru Carnival.

For excursions, it will alllll be ok.  Some people prefer to book thru Carnival, sometimes or all the time.  Buying the discounted gift cards can help with that too.  In Cozumel, check out Chankanaab Park.  If it interests you, this is something you can book cheaper by yourself.  But once you're ready to leave, there are taxis lined up outside.  So it's as close to booking thru the cruise line as you can get, but you still save money. Cozumel also has a large port area, so if you get back to port early, you can walk around and browse/shop there.  If you book independently, just plan to be back way before your ship sails and enjoy the port for awhile.  

Cruise ships are great at offering to take your money.  But you don't have to spend on anything.  Just prepay as much as you can, take some spending cash for things you know you want to spend on, and enjoy.  There's nothing like your first cruise, hope you  have an awesome time! 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, dsotm73 said:

"To build off'"? WHERE are these free specialty coffees (of which you speak available? Or are you referring to the free swill on LIDO?

Says “select” not “specialty”. 

• Like 1

Reading the comments and suggestions on this thread has been particularly helpful. I'm going on the Fantasy to Cozumel in 5 weeks, and I have some questions as well:

1) do the cabs there take $USD?

2) Is Cozumel on Central time? If so, that should be easy to manage, since Mobile, AL is as well.

3) If there aren't "traditional" beaches, and I do take my crew to the "Beach Bar", is it family friendly? My kids are too young to drink and my wife and MIL don't drink at all. I may partake of a singular beer but that would be the extent of it.

Again, thanks for all of the comments and ideas/suggestions on Cozumel. This site really is top notch!

10 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I think that’s what they mean. We have not seen anything mixed up by a barista included either.  There is sugar and milk or cream to mix into it.

I do not think this poster knows that I said "select" not "specialty".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbethel11 said:

I do not think this poster knows that I said "select" not "specialty".

You are correct, but I've never had anything that could be described a "select" coffee served for free either.

😎