Dawn .. "paint overs" on the MDR art..Why???

jaja

1 hour ago, kopiko said:

Ugly as it may, it's definitely a conversation starter and most remember it. Some of my friends still talk about it years later!

I've also seen so many posts in here about it so at least they succeeded on making it unique and memorable.

Just one more reason to listen to the Four Seasons, "Dawn, go away you're no good for me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol. We just got off the Dawn a couple weeks ago. Ate at the MDR once and noticed the art. We discussed it, questioned it, but didn’t think anything else of it. And now there’s an internet thread about it — love it. 

Whether you love it, hate it ... I just think all opinions are valid. That’s art. I just love the fact that it was noticed and that it’s being discussed. I think is a nice diversion from the usual banter here. 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparky3w said:

Lol. We just got off the Dawn a couple weeks ago. Ate at the MDR once and noticed the art. We discussed it, questioned it, but didn’t think anything else of it. And now there’s an internet thread about it — love it. 

Whether you love it, hate it ... I just think all opinions are valid. That’s art. I just love the fact that it was noticed and that it’s being discussed. I think is a nice diversion from the usual banter here. 🙂

This seems like weird logic. By this reasoning, they could put up big projectors and play, say, dog food commercials on the walls throughout dinner, and it would be cool as long as it sparked conversation? 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, perditax said:

The fact that people are defending that stuff may be the most Cruise Critic thing ever.

You could also argue the fact that people felt so triggered by a little bit of questionable art that they felt the need to start an entire thread about it may be the “‘most Cruise Critic thing ever.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparky3w said:

You could also argue the fact that people felt so triggered by a little bit of questionable art that they felt the need to start an entire thread about it may be the “‘most Cruise Critic thing ever.”

Oh, you used the word “triggered”. Gettin’ out the big guns.

1 minute ago, perditax said:

Oh, you used the word “triggered”. Gettin’ out the big guns.

Whatever. It’s obvious you care about this way more than I do. Maybe they’ll change all of it just for you. Peace. 

👆🏻Premium Cruise Critic contributor right there. 

👆🏻Premium Cruise Critic contributor right there. 

You have 6 of your 32 posts in 9 years on this topic.  Thanks for sharing.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mugtech said:

You have 6 of your 32 posts in 9 years on this topic.  Thanks for sharing.

You basically insulted anyone who cruises on the Dawn. I called you out on that. I don’t think my post history is relevant to that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparky3w said:

You basically insulted anyone who cruises on the Dawn. I called you out on that. I don’t think my post history is relevant to that. 

I insulted no one by saying I will not be sailing on the Dawn.  I will not be visiting mainland China, so did I just insult everyone in China?  Am sure your post history is totally irrelevant.  Anyone who feels insulted by what I will not do is looking for a reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky3w said:

Not all of us are triggered by something like this. But we do all have an opinion and are expressing that. Trigger is for bigger stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1