Enchantment of the Seas review 5/31/19

On 6/6/2019 at 9:55 AM, casadetexas said:

Overall: EOTS is the surprising win.  Of course a cruise it what you make of it.  If you feel like you need to be the biggest and the best, or need all the latest tech, etc, EOTS will surely disappoint you.  My family likes to stick to ourselves.  We aren't prudes, but we don't really talk to others if you know what I mean.  We enjoy each others company and have fun just the same.  We have sailed Disney Dream, and the Liberty.  Each have their unique qualities.  But EOTS we felt like family.  Everyone.  I mean EVERYONE on that ship was our best friend.  Because it was smaller we saw the same people all the time and by day 3 everyone was BFF's with everyone.  Lots of laughter.  Everyone encouraged each other to make a fool of themselves during games and everyone no matter how terrible you were was winner and cheered on for a great job.  High fives in the hallway.  EOTS was a very unique experience and one for the record books.  

On 6/6/2019 at 9:55 AM, casadetexas said:

We felt the same way about Vision.  We've sailed Liberty 7 times!  Still love her, but the atmosphere on Vision was just as you present it here.  Thanks.  I'll forward to my daughter who is sailing in December.

• Like 1

Thanks for the review! We are going next month. You are right, not a lost of posts on here about this ship, and a lot of "she's a boring old small ship" stuff is what you normally find. Just the wife and I this time, so as long as the drinks are cold and the pools are open, we will enjoy them, the trivia, etc. 

• Like 1

I'm going next week with 4 granddaughters 16-21. They are wondering about formal night. What was the dress like? Formal nights have been getting less formal in recent years. Do they even call it a formal night?

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

On a couple of other ships which do short sailings they call them “Dress to impress “. 

Agreed. Unfortunately. I did see several really beautiful dresses though. Here is one photo I took on formal night and we weren’t out of place. 

84EF5E5D-878D-470B-AFB0-94A15CDE609F.jpeg

Thanks so much for the pics and further info.   I'm totally reassured.  I get it  --- outside of the ship needs  painting.  Inside while dated (brass & older decor) is still up to RCI norms.

It's funny Explorer, & Adventure always looked a little rusty when I saw them in port, while other ships were pristine while.

When we were on Independence they were painting the side of the ship in twice,  the very next week we were on another ship and saw Independence again in port several days and they were painting the same spots I had seem them paint the week earlier.

I guess some crews are super on it, and other's aren't.

Like you I think we will love EOTS.  We adored Vision  and since moving to Texas have had no desire to sail Liberty.  

Freedom class ships are crowded in general.

I can't wait for Adventure as I think the Voyager class ships are the sweet spot of big vs. small.

The photos helped but clarity on rust location did too.

Appreciate the input and those of you going on her soon, I hope you post a review as well!

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed 6/14 for the 5-day out of Galveston.  Just submitted in the review section, so it should be up soon.  Basically, we loved it!  Enchantment is mature, but a beautiful ship.  No crowd issues despite being sold out.  Dining was excellent.  Common areas clean, roomy, comfortable, and yes, lots of brass and glass!  I would not hesitate to return to Enchantment!

1 hour ago, reeb4 said:

We sailed 6/14 for the 5-day out of Galveston.  Just submitted in the review section, so it should be up soon.  Basically, we loved it!  Enchantment is mature, but a beautiful ship.  No crowd issues despite being sold out.  Dining was excellent.  Common areas clean, roomy, comfortable, and yes, lots of brass and glass!  I would not hesitate to return to Enchantment!

So glad to hear this, thanks for the report!

We're taking a 5-day in a few weeks, and taking some good friends on their first cruise! We're so hoping they'll love it like we do....so we've been stressing a little bit about all the old worn out ship comments!!! I have yet to experience a bad cruise...so i'm sure i'll be happy, but i'm hoping my friends will love it too!

2 hours ago, reeb4 said:

Thanks for the report.  We're sailing on Friday and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed the dining.  We took the Carnival Valor for a 5 day cruise out of Galveston in March 2017 and weren't really happy with the food, except for the burgers. 

We took Enchantment last spring and I actually really loved it. We're going on Allure this Sunday, and I'm worried it's going to feel too big and too intense for us.

I will say, despite MrCatLady getting sick and being quarantined, the Brilliance of the Seas has been my favorite ship to date.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for review and thoughts.  We are doing a B2B in January.  We were on. Vision in

March and I liked the smaller more low key ship.  But we’ve been on Liberty several times and like it too.

I was wondering if adults were allowed on the bungee trampoline.  I see by your pictures that they are.  Now I can move on to figuring out what the Vita course means around the walking track.  

We’re in a suite and I kind of wanted Liberty because it seems to me, although I don’t know for sure, suite perks are “better” on Liberty then a smaller ship.