Catamaran Tour Options?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

Due to the Cuba border situation, or cruise on the MSC Armonia in two weeks has been rerouted to Key West. We are really interested in a Catamaran excursion, as no one in the group has done one before. We do not care if it is just a catamaran cruise only, or a snorkel-based trip, but we would prefer an option with drinks offered, and maybe a beach stop as well. Could anyone recommend some companies or excursions to us? We would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just back from Key West and took the Echo Catamran.  We did dolphin watching and snorkel.  We sailed with Russ as captain and Nicki as first mate.  It was very disapointing.  The dolphin watching was nice, even good.  The day was windy and they took use to a "sponge nursery" to snorkel.  The wind was strong and the current was strong in the opposite direction.  This made it a very rough swim in nearly any direction.  I am an experienced snorkeler.  No one from the company got into the water with us.  When I realized I was getting tired, I headed back toward the boat.  After several minutes of swimming, I was not only not making progress, I was being pushed in the wrong direction.  And I was getting more tired.  My sister was helping me but she was getting tired as well.  My brother in law ended up assisting both of us back the boat.  Neither the "captain" or "first mate" had paid a bit of attention, let alone attempt to assist.  I have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and this is the worst experience I have ever had.  There were some very positive reviews for this group but there are some reviews very similar to our experience.  It may depend on which crew you draw. 

Just my experience

• Thanks 1