What's the longest cruise that you have been on?

aceparty

Our longest was our 28 Australian Circumnavigation cruise in 2007.  To be honest, by the time it was nearly over I wished it WAS over.  I know people will disagree.  That was just me.

We've taken lots of 7-day back to backs.  Fourteen days didn't seem too long.  Those were just fine even though the itinerary was exactly the same for most of them.  We've gotten to the point where we seldom get off the ship so where it stops is kind of irrelevant.

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

15 days this past April with the kids on the Bliss Panama Canal ....... 

I'm doing the Canal on the Joy next year. What were the demographics like on that cruise compared to a typical 7 day sailing?

9 minutes ago, troy510 said:

I'm doing the Canal on the Joy next year. What were the demographics like on that cruise compared to a typical 7 day sailing?

We went in April. The majority of passengers were 50 and over, couples. I’m 43, wife 39, kids 9 and 11. Plenty of people from around the world as the Panama Canal is a world destination unlike your typical 7 day Caribbean cruise. Very few teens, nor 20 and 30 year olds. Less than 200 children on board and the majority of the kids were probably 14 and younger. Very respectful passengers without any loud and obnoxious incidents . No riff raff.  Different than your typical 7 day cruise because of the length and higher cost. 

Edited by tallnthensome

11 minutes ago, troy510 said:

Usually the longer the cruise, the age of passenger goes up and there are less children.

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

We went in April. The majority of passengers were 50 and over, couples. I’m 43, wife 39, kids 9 and 11. Plenty of people from around the world as the Panama Canal is a world destination unlike your typical 7 day Caribbean cruise. Very few teens, nor 20 and 30 year olds. Less than 200 children on board and the majority of the kids were probably 14 and younger. Very respectful passengers without any loud and obnoxious incidents . No riff raff.  Different than your typical 7 day cruise because of the length and higher cost. 

That's what I figured. Going with wife and son...me and wife are both early 30's but are pretty laid back...and son as well (12). Everything you mentioned sounds great. I would imagine a lot less chaos in Garden Café as well. Thanks

5 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Usually the longer the cruise, the age of passenger goes up and there are less children.

Yes, I figured. I'm only 31 and would prefer to be amongst my peers, but unfortunately the manners, respect, and generosity don't match that of those who are 50+ which is why I'm really looking forward to my 15 day Canal Cruise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, troy510 said:

That's what I figured. Going with wife and son...me and wife are both early 30's but are pretty laid back...and son as well (12). Everything you mentioned sounds great. I would imagine a lot less chaos in Garden Café as well. Thanks

Yes less Chaos in the buffet but ....... but ...... Many passengers on this cruise were older, with walkers, or scooters. The cafe is a popular place for them to hang out, socialize, and play cards thus hogging up seating for those looking to eat even though they were not. Because the Canal transit can be very hot some of the best views on that day can be seen from the buffet by the windows in air conditioning and seating can be at premium the transit day as many seem to sit there all day...... as the transit takes many hours. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes less Chaos in the buffet but ....... but ...... Many passengers on this cruise were older, with walkers, or scooters. The cafe is a popular place for them to hang out, socialize, and play cards thus hogging up seating for those looking to eat even though they were not. Because the Canal transit can be very hot some of the best views on that day can be seen from the buffet by the windows in air conditioning and seating can be at premium the transit day as many seem to sit there all day...... as the transit takes many hours. 

Got it. Thanks for the heads up!

49 days, from Ft Lauderdale around South America to San Fran.  Great cruise, so  many neat ports.

Also have done a few 35 days cruises from Vancouver to Shanghai, then Shanghai to Tokyo then on to Singapore

and San Fran. to Sydney 32 days  love long cruises.

6 looooooong months. Left San Diego in April and didn't return until October.  Spent 3 of those months (Jun/Jul/Aug) in the Persian Gulf.  Was hot and we had no pool. 😬

Edited by TruckerDave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@go fish 44

love long cruises.

I agree totally; I looked at the cruises we have done.  The longest set was 54, then 47, 42, 34, 29, 29 and 28.  We had only 5 shorter than those.   We have 3 "cruises" booked over the next 18 months; 51, 44 and 37 days.   Living in New Zealand the costs of getting to the Northern Hemisphere mean that short cruises are not economic.   We do cruise Inside so we can afford such long "cruises".

Mike

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 1

32 days on MSC Divina in the Caribbean booked as a 10, 11, 10 day cruise. Doing 28 days this November on the MSC Seaside as four 7 day cruises. We only have 21 days booked next year on Nieuw Statendam but I am sure we will add to that. The most we have ever done on NCL is a 21 day cruise on the Epic as three 7 day cruises but then we got off of the Epic and went straight to the CCL Sunshine for 7 days making it a total of 28 days.

Usually after about the third week I am too stuffed to eat lol.  Gained 10 lbs on the 32 day cruise and still working at getting it off lol.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

We have been on a number of 14 day cruises, which were repositioning, or longer round trip cruises.  To me, the longer the better.

Seven days now are waay to short------over in a flash.  I suggested to NCL, that they add Charleston, South Carolina, to some of the Boston---Bermuda cruises.  Let's see if they listen to me.  I hope that they do.

28 days, a B2B, 12dy "Holy Land" then 16dy Rome to Galveston, both on RCL Mariner in a Promenade category cabin.

A great trip, one of the best ever.

Got a 29dy B2B coming up next year on NCL Star, Buenos Aires to Port Canaveral 🙂

Edited by pspercy