Need Help Picking a Scooter

mamaofami

I have been using a Travelscoot for several years, more like ten, and although it doesn't have the back up ability, I have always liked it. Now, I find it's getting difficult to put it together when I take it out of the car. I need something light weight that can just pop up without having to bend down to do all the work. Anyone know of anything like that?

I just changed my travelscoot (which I also had for 11+ years) for a fold and go wheelchair. I found I could not step over the center bars on the travelscoot. I am happy with my choice. This chair can go out in wet weather and does well on grass as well as paved surfaces. The company is run by people in wheelchairs so they "get" my needs. Good luck in finding what works for you.

• Like 1

Hi 

I seriously suggest you look at HandyScoot to fill your needs.  I have used one for over a year and I love it.  It is very light to lift, has adjustable rear axles to fit through almost any door (which is great for a cruise ship), long battery live, easy to collapse and setup, low step over center bar (which I needed), can handle my weight (close to 300lbs), etc. etc.  Go their website (handyscoot.com) for complete specs and information.  And by the way their customer service was also great.

• 3 weeks later...

About two years ago I bought a Solax Transformer for cruising. Changed my life on sea and land with travel. It folds itself to the size of a rolling bag to check on planes. Weighs only 53 lbs. without 5 lb battery that you place in your carry-on for air travel, leave it in the scooter once off the plane.  300 lb. weight limit. Once in the cabin I fold it up, roll under desk/vanity and plug it in to charge overnight for another full day. I used to stay on the ship, but now I'm off at every port except forTenders. Message me for questions or contact info for where I bought mine if interested. They ship nationwide out of Florida.

Good Luck,

Ray

On 6/28/2019 at 2:44 PM, poperls said:

About two years ago I bought a Solax Transformer for cruising. Changed my life on sea and land with travel. It folds itself to the size of a rolling bag to check on planes. Weighs only 53 lbs. without 5 lb battery that you place in your carry-on for air travel, leave it in the scooter once off the plane.  300 lb. weight limit. Once in the cabin I fold it up, roll under desk/vanity and plug it in to charge overnight for another full day. I used to stay on the ship, but now I'm off at every port except forTenders. Message me for questions or contact info for where I bought mine if interested. They ship nationwide out of Florida.

Good Luck,

Ray

My wife uses a Transformer also and we love traveling with it!