Cruise Critic Community
aring75

LIVE - VISION Med and Greek Isles - 6/11-23

On 6/15/2019 at 8:52 AM, aring75 said:

Also, I wanted to buy a pair of sandals. Of course, I didn’t want cheap souvenir sandals, I wanted something comfortable enough to walk in. So she walked me around the corner, away from the main walkway, to a place where she bought some shoes a couple of months ago. I found cute, but comfortable shoes that I will actually wear after I get back home. 

I know it's trivial, but...post a pic of the sandals you bought, pretty please? I'm kind of a shoe nut.

Also: I need to go on a Med Cruise ASAP. Have been to France and Italy, but Malta and Greece would be amazing! Loving all these photos!

17 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

I know it's trivial, but...post a pic of the sandals you bought, pretty please? I'm kind of a shoe nut.

Also: I need to go on a Med Cruise ASAP. Have been to France and Italy, but Malta and Greece would be amazing! Loving all these photos!

I know, I want to see them as well.😊

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

42 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

I know, I want to see them as well.😊

Of course! I completely understand. 😊

I bought the black pair with the decorative beading in Santorini. They have a cushioned sole with arch support (that was something I was looking for) and they were 44€. That was a little higher than the flip-flop style sandals they were selling, but I did see “cheaper-looking” sandals in Santorini for up to 59€. (That’s why I didn’t buy a brown pair I kind of liked in Santorini. Just too pricey for the quality.)

IMG_5367-338x450.jpg

But when we got to the Plaka area in Athens there were tons more shops with leather sandals to choose from. These are the similar pair of brown ones I found for a lot less (29€).

IMG_5368-322x450.jpg

Edited by aring75

7 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Of course! I completely understand. 😊

I bought the black pair with the decorative beading in Santorini. They have a cushioned sole with arch support (that was something I was looking for) and they were 44€. That was a little higher than the flip-flop style sandals they were selling, but I did see “cheaper-looking” sandals in Santorini for up to 59€. (That’s why I didn’t buy a brown pair I kind of liked in Santorini. Just too pricey for the quality.)

IMG_5367-338x450.jpg

But when we got to the Plaka area in Athens there were tons more shops with leather sandals to choose from. These are the similar pair of brown ones I found for a lot less (29€).

IMG_5368-322x450.jpg

Very nice!

49 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Very nice!

3 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Love the shoes!! Good choices!

Thanks!!

Cafe Latte-tudes is the coffee place on Vision located on Deck 6. It’s also where Ben & Jerry’s (pay) hand-scooped ice cream is located. The (free) soft-serve ice cream is on the pool deck. 

IMG_5322-600x443.jpg

There are snacks, small sandwiches, and desserts served throughout the day (no charge).

IMG_5323-600x449.jpg

Menu and prices 

IMG_5324-308x450.jpg

Thank you so much for this review.  It has kept me hyper enthused for our journey on the vision that starts when you get off.  Our itinerary is different Barcelona Croatia Venice Montenegro salerno rome Florence Marseille but I am sure we will love it the same.  Off to the airport.

Super Cute sandals! I loved the Plaka. Wish we had something like that here.

2 hours ago, robincorn said:

Thank you so much for this review.  It has kept me hyper enthused for our journey on the vision that starts when you get off.  Our itinerary is different Barcelona Croatia Venice Montenegro salerno rome Florence Marseille but I am sure we will love it the same.  Off to the airport.

Another fantastic itinerary.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:02 AM, aring75 said:

Schooner Bar Menus - cont’d

IMG_5314-434x450.jpg

IMG_5315-417x450.jpg

IMG_5316-441x450.jpg

IMG_5317-412x450.jpg

Thanks!

Reboarded the ship after a very full day in Rome just a little over an hour ago. It’s going to take a little while to get a few pictures uploaded, but I thought I’d mention...

They cancelled our port of call in Marseille due to scheduled protests that they felt would really interfere with everyone’s excursions. We will be visiting Corsica instead. 

When we arrived in Civitavecchia this morning, I opened our curtains to see we were pulling in next to our big sister. 

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

But then, look at this!!!

Remember at the beginning of the thread, when I said the very first ship we ever sailed was RCCL’s Sovereign of the Seas?

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

Docked just the other side of Oasis was Pullmantur’s Sovereign. We got to see the very first ship we sailed (on our first anniversary) on our first trip to the Mediterranean (on our twentieth anniversary).

2 hours ago, aring75 said:

Reboarded the ship after a very full day in Rome just a little over an hour ago. It’s going to take a little while to get a few pictures uploaded, but I thought I’d mention...

They cancelled our port of call in Marseille due to scheduled protests that they felt would really interfere with everyone’s excursions. We will be visiting Corsica instead. 

If it is Ajaccio in Corsica that is where Napoleon Bonaparte was born.

I'm not a big fan of Marseille so I would personally prefer to go to Ajaccio.

Hope you had a fantastic time in Rome and threw a coin with your right hand over your left shoulder into the Trevi Fountain to ensure you will return again to Rome in the future.

31 minutes ago, aring75 said:

When we arrived in Civitavecchia this morning, I opened our curtains to see we were pulling in next to our big sister. 

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

Remember at the beginning of the thread, when I said the very first ship we ever sailed was RCCL’s Sovereign of the Seas?

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

Docked just the other side of Oasis was Pullmantur’s Sovereign. We got to see the very first ship we sailed (on our first anniversary) on our first trip to the Mediterranean (on our twentieth anniversary).

Wow that's wonderful, happy anniversary.

Corsica is a beautiful port. When we went to Ajaccio there were land trains that took you on a tour along the coast. There were 2 itineraries, we chose the longer one and we were glad we did. Scenery is stunning and well worth the cost

Sovereign was also the first Royal ship my DW and I were on!  Think it was back in 1994.

2 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Sovereign was also the first Royal ship my DW and I were on!  Think it was back in 1994.

Did you get your Shipshape Dollars on Sovereign?

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Did you get your Shipshape Dollars on Sovereign?

We actually did!!  Never got enough for a tshirt though. 

This is the best review for Vision OTS with beautiful pictures,  daily planners and menu etc. Thank you so much for sharing.

At the port, is the 'all aboard' time usually one hour before the ship departs?

4 hours ago, ace123 said:

At the port, is the 'all aboard' time usually one hour before the ship departs?

Typically, 30 min.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, aring75 said:

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

That was my first cruise as well.  Sovereign was what got me hooked to cruising.  Enjoying the review.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, JBSteelerfan said:

We actually did!!  Never got enough for a tshirt though. 

We have the yellow "Ship Shape" tshirt...my adult son wears this vintage shirt often and it's still in great shape considering it's from the early/mid 1990"s.