Is Scenic All Inclusive REALLY All Inclusive??

CanuckinSMA

It says that ALL gratuities are included.  Would like feedback to anyone who has traveled with Scenic.  Did you still feel compelled to tip tour guides, bus drivers on city tours? And your "butler"?  

Just wondered if the people who are serving you actually get the gratuities over and above their salaries.  

I've only been on one Scenic cruise so far, but I didn't feel compelled to tip anyone at all. There were some folks for whom that simply felt so "wrong" that they convinced the cruise director to accept tips that would be divided amongst the staff and crew. I don't know how common that is on Scenic cruises; our second one is coming up this summer and I'll be interested to see if that happens again. I did not see or hear of any direct tipping; certainly not the bus drivers and city tour guides. I think the butler would have taken it as an affront. Folks may have left a tip in their cabins for the hotel staff but if so they weren't talking about it.

If you time your laundry right, or are in a more expensive cabin with unlimited laundry, you truly do not need your wallet from the time you're picked up at the arrival airport to the time you're dropped off at the departure airport. Unless you want some souvenirs, or need premium spirits from the bar. Our experience was that they were very much a first class customer service focused group of people. 

Have been on two Scenic cruises (absolutely loved them) and never felt compelled to tip anything extra, and that includes the off ship tour guides.  No one was holding out their hands at the end of a tour or the entire trip.

Now having said that - did we tip extra, yes.  To our Butler who we asked to bring us coffee and croissants every morning and to a couple of the bar staff who quickly got to know our drinks and had them ready without asking.  But again that was my preference, none of the folks I gave something extra too were expecting it.

The only money I owed at the end of the trip was for a bracelet I purchased onboard.

Edited by cruiseryyc

We have just finished our eighth cruise with Scenic our first was pre all inclusive but included gratuities. I can assure everyone that all inclusive means what it says on the tin. Many years ago there was a slight push by the cruise director who then disappeared half way through the cruise with no explanation, during the first couple of years if we tried to give any member of the crew a little extra for exceptional service it was always refused very politely. The only charge we have ever had was laundry in the past, items from the on board shop and treating myself to a manicure for example. All inclusive gratuities also extends to tour guides and bus drivers. So believe the brochures in this instance it’s true. CA  

• Like 1

We have done two cruises where there was never a need for tipping. The staff generally are excellent. Sadly on our last cruise it fell short due to cold and not very appetising food and the crush to get into the restaurant in the evening.