golden princess viewing decks

milo696

Hi, first time cruisers on the southbound whittier to vancouver cruise in July. Can some of you people enlighten me on where some of the better viewing areas are

on the golden when we cruise glacier bay, and hubbard glacier. We have a balcony, but would probably rather be somewhere with open viewing for some of those

times that we sail in those areas. 

Thanks so much for any help

• Like 1

The Golden Princess has an abundance of open viewing areas, forward, aft and on both sides.  The area over the bridge will be open; get there by accessing it from the outside deck in front of the fitness center on Deck 14 (I think). If the weather is bad, you can opt for a forward view from Deck 8; reach it by taking the steps up from the Promenade Deck 7 on both sides of the covered promenade.  For covered side viewing, Promenade Deck 7 is your best bet. If you head toward the back, there are wide open viewing areas on both sides of the ship, and a large area around the outdoor hot tubs just below and forward of Skywalkers.  And the back of the ship is open around the Terrace Pool on Deck 14, and there are several small decks above that also.

We cruised Fiordland National Park in New Zealand on that ship, and I can't imagine a better setup for outdoor viewing.

Both decks 7 and 15 are wonderful for viewing and you can walk around them as the ship turns. Deck 7 is covered.  The naturalist on the Golden, Sandra Schempp, is wonderful and will have a desk set up outside the Princess Theater on the starboard side that will provide literature as well as a map that includes the date and times of possible wildlife sightings.  Also, when entering areas such as humpback feeding areas she will be on the bow on deck 7 with binoculars for passengers to use.

Thank you both for that information. I had looked at the decks of the ship via the website, but was hart to discern exactly where the open areas were.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks again!!

We have loved curling up with blankets in some of the comfy deck chairs on Deck 7 on the Golden during scenic cruising days in Alaska. There is generally a member of the bar staff with a rolling cart going around with special hot drinks for sale in thermal Princess mugs - hot chocolate and Bailey's, my favorite! I like Deck 7 because it is covered, a little more sheltered from the wind and you can enjoy listening to the commentary from the naturalist while you relax there.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, karatemom2 said:

We have loved curling up with blankets in some of the comfy deck chairs on Deck 7 on the Golden during scenic cruising days in Alaska. There is generally a member of the bar staff with a rolling cart going around with special hot drinks for sale in thermal Princess mugs - hot chocolate and Bailey's, my favorite! I like Deck 7 because it is covered, a little more sheltered from the wind and you can enjoy listening to the commentary from the naturalist while you relax there.

Deck 7 was my favorite spot too!  And will be this September when I am there again.  Last time on the Grand, this time on the Golden!  Can't wait!