Cost of the specialty espresso-based coffees

Does anyone remember how much Lattes and cappuccinos are when you order them one at a time, I'm trying to decide whether the CAFE SELECT COFFEE CARD is worth it for us?
Thank you in advance!!

Just now, ken_nyc said:

Does anyone remember how much Lattes and cappuccinos are when you order them one at a time, I'm trying to decide whether the CAFE SELECT COFFEE CARD is worth it for us?

You won't know if the card is worth it until you get on the ship and ask how many punches they use for each drink - the card is the same cost on the ship as online.

1 hour ago, nashirak said:

You may also want to specify what ship and sailing you are on. Pricing may not be the same fleet-wide. 

The coffee card is the one exception to the variable pricing of most things - not only is it the same price fleet wide, it's same price in the planner pre-cruise and on board. The only variable to the coffee card by ship is how many punches the barista feels like using per drink.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The coffee card is the one exception to the variable pricing of most things - not only is it the same price fleet wide, it's same price in the planner pre-cruise and on board. The only variable to the coffee card by ship is how many punches the barista feels like using per drink.

Wow. Something that is actually priced consistently. 

I was thinking more the prices of the drinks themselves might vary, though, not the card itself. 

1 hour ago, nashirak said:

I was thinking more the prices of the drinks themselves might vary, though, not the card itself. 

The prices are close enough that the only thing that matters to the OP is if it's one punch or more per drink - as soon as it's more than one punch, the card is not worth it.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The prices are close enough that the only thing that matters to the OP is if it's one punch or more per drink - as soon as it's more than one punch, the card is not worth it.

I don't know about the card punching can someone please explain how it works? How many punches would a cappuccino or latte be and how many punches are on a card?

37 minutes ago, ken_nyc said:

How many punches would a cappuccino or latte be and how many punches are on a card?

There are 15 punches on the card and the issue is that you don’t know how many punches the barista will use per drink.  The marketing of the card makes you think it should be one punch for any drink but that’s not what happens on the ship. 

8 hours ago, ken_nyc said:

Thank you in advance!!

This thread has a menu from Cafe Promenade:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2602163

4 hours ago, ken_nyc said:

Thank you but we will be on the Radiance of the Seas and do not know if they have a Starbucks.

There is no licensed Starbucks venue on Radiance.

3 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

Just off the Anthem last month and these coffees were running about $4.95.  I know they can differ, depending on the ship, but at least this gives you somewhat of a ball park figure to go on. 

Thank you!