Power Strips?

A couple of seconds to Google:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Prohibited items:
  • Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

6 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

We have used power strips and extension cords for our CPAP machines on each of our cruises in the last 8 years.  

Did you get them from the steward or bring your own? In other words, did you follow or break the rules? 😉

Edited by SantaFeFan

21 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Did you get them from the steward or bring your own? In other words, did you follow or break the rules? 😉

We bring our own. I had not read that it wasn’t legal.  We had no problems at all, and they were not hidden by us.  

48 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

We bring our own. I had not read that it wasn’t legal.  We had no problems at all, and they were not hidden by us.  

On Carnival,  you can bring power strips and extension cords as long as they aren't surge protected.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:25 PM, CruisingLover said:

Hi There

Are power strips allowed on the ship? If it matters, I will be on Empress in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Tracy 

My DH and I both use CPAP machines and bring our own extension cord that has a 3 plug on the end. If you have a power strip or extension cord, it cannot have a surge protector. We have not had any problems , but I think it might be the steward sees our CPAPS and know we need the cord. It also is in good shape.