Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MaggieAtSea

Equinox - Penthouse Post "Revolution"??

Recommended Posts

We are booked in PH in 6 weeks on EQ... have not been able to get a grasp of what, if anything, has happened with the PH's... despite reading through VOLUMES of feedback.  Would be grateful if anyone has pictures post-Rev, or feedback on what the EQ PH looks like now.

 

Many thanks, and PEACE!

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We are booked in PH in 6 weeks on EQ... have not been able to get a grasp of what, if anything, has happened with the PH's... despite reading through VOLUMES of feedback.  Would be grateful if anyone has pictures post-Rev, or feedback on what the EQ PH looks like now.

 

Many thanks, and PEACE!

 

M

 

From what I can gather CS, RS and PH just have new bedding! I have only seen pictures so far of the CS which had the same sofa carpets and curtains that I remember from when Equinox was almost new. 

 

Conversations of a friend of mine with her U.K. agent indicated the same...

 

We cruise in a RS in September...as long as I still have decent comfortable balcony furnishings I will be happy.  I did expect new carpets and curtains but I am not overbothered...I never expected a massive change to the suite furnishings or structure.

 

A bit fed up about no hot tub on the Retreat deck and wonder how busy it will get up there and what will drink and food service be like...

 

As you say there hasn’t been a lot of feedback on the suite aspect of the refit. 

 

Also interested if there has  been an update to the Luminae menu...

 

I will be following your replies with interest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chemmo, It is a bit disappointing that often Penthouse or Royal passengers don't come back to the boards to share their photos and experiences... always try to do that myself... and encourage others to do the same.  

 

Having sailed on S-class PH's before, there's nothing wrong with the decor or set-up of them as is... but having been in Summit PH after a thorough refurb, the bathrooms, deck furniture, veranda whirlpool, even new Bose outdoor sound speakers... made it really lovely.  So while I won't be an ounce upset if it is just new bedding, if it would have been more, that would have been sweet, too.

 

I know on the Edge one is able to request an exercise bike in this suite... I wonder if that option is now available in this cabin now on S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the updates were not all completed as planned for the Equinox. Any word as to if there will be plans to update (more than the bedding) the PH on the Silhouette?

 

I was looking at the updates made on the Summit - and wow, what a makeover !

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off EQ today, we were in 1616, I will come back and post my thoughts and some pics.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 3:12 AM, chemmo said:

 

From what I can gather CS, RS and PH just have new bedding! I have only seen pictures so far of the CS which had the same sofa carpets and curtains that I remember from when Equinox was almost new. 

 

Conversations of a friend of mine with her U.K. agent indicated the same...

 

We cruise in a RS in September...as long as I still have decent comfortable balcony furnishings I will be happy.  I did expect new carpets and curtains but I am not overbothered...I never expected a massive change to the suite furnishings or structure.

 

A bit fed up about no hot tub on the Retreat deck and wonder how busy it will get up there and what will drink and food service be like...

 

As you say there hasn’t been a lot of feedback on the suite aspect of the refit. 

 

Also interested if there has  been an update to the Luminae menu...

 

I will be following your replies with interest!

We will be in a Royal suite on the Equinox next Saturday 8/10.  From what I gather, no real updates, but some of the updates scheduled aren't great.  The Edge suites  weren't  nearly as functional or nice then the S or M class suites.  So maybe a blesing in disguise

I agree we are not happy the the Retreat deck dosen't have a bar, pool and hot tub like the Edge- heard that the service by the wait staff is very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some pics from 1616.... July 27 EQ sailing. The main changes in the actual cabin are a new sectional type couch, and living room chair... Dining table is same, bar area same, the bathroom is exactly the same, a few small minor changes such as new cotton holder! etc.... no more Bulgari 😞 now the "Bigelow" large bottles of same products that are in Concierge and I think also in Aqua! It would be nice to have Bulgari back...……. I "think" the bed was new, well mattress, it was very comfy! New balcony furniture, actually was quite comfortable. I did miss the thick padded chaise that was on the "old" balcony! Retreat Deck there have been lots of pics... way too hot to have zero water up there! They have to add showers or something, pretty much everyone we spoke to felt the same. The have very limited food options on Retreat Deck, and it looked pre made, mediocre at best... but on Cozumel day, nothing was open except the Ocean Café, or Mast Grill! the 2 other port days Sushi on 5 was opened for lunch, which was nice.. I really feel Luminae needs to be open every day for lunch, same as MSC Yacht Club.. Food and service in Luminae was phenomenal I thought, some dishes we had surpassed specialty dining in quality and presentation... they really did go above and beyond to make sure we were happy.. very impressive in Luminae. In general ship looks good and "refreshed" not the "major" changes they had planned.... but we all know that story. All in all it was a fantastic week.. PH is beautiful, but the M class PH is definitely nicer on the SM and ML and just amazing!  Hope the pics help... of course, any specific questions happy to try and answer...  

 

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in a RS in November on Equinox. Hope to hear some reports form those who have indicated they are sailing in a RS before us. I'll post pictures and impressions when we get back but would like some advance info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulMcn said:

Here are some pics from 1616.... July 27 EQ sailing. The main changes in the actual cabin are a new sectional type couch, and living room chair... Dining table is same, bar area same, the bathroom is exactly the same, a few small minor changes such as new cotton holder! etc.... no more Bulgari 😞 now the "Bigelow" large bottles of same products that are in Concierge and I think also in Aqua! It would be nice to have Bulgari back...……. I "think" the bed was new, well mattress, it was very comfy! New balcony furniture, actually was quite comfortable. I did miss the thick padded chaise that was on the "old" balcony! Retreat Deck there have been lots of pics... way too hot to have zero water up there! They have to add showers or something, pretty much everyone we spoke to felt the same. The have very limited food options on Retreat Deck, and it looked pre made, mediocre at best... but on Cozumel day, nothing was open except the Ocean Café, or Mast Grill! the 2 other port days Sushi on 5 was opened for lunch, which was nice.. I really feel Luminae needs to be open every day for lunch, same as MSC Yacht Club.. Food and service in Luminae was phenomenal I thought, some dishes we had surpassed specialty dining in quality and presentation... they really did go above and beyond to make sure we were happy.. very impressive in Luminae. In general ship looks good and "refreshed" not the "major" changes they had planned.... but we all know that story. All in all it was a fantastic week.. PH is beautiful, but the M class PH is definitely nicer on the SM and ML and just amazing!  Hope the pics help... of course, any specific questions happy to try and answer...  

 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

Still looks great!  Glad not spoiled.  I guess I will have to bring my Bulgari products from a previous cruise!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are in a RS in November on Equinox. Hope to hear some reports form those who have indicated they are sailing in a RS before us. I'll post pictures and impressions when we get back but would like some advance info.

In a Royal suite 8/10  Will try to post pictures if I can figure it out.  Seems like the retreat deck is useless without water options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They removed the big comfy loungers in the PH? The more I see from these updates it seems more like a Celebrity Devolution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WonderMan3, you mean the ones on the balcony?  YES...…… now as I posted the new "modern" look....  the 2 deep chairs are actually very comfortable, the table and 4 Chairs is weird and does not really fit! The 2 loungers are fine, but definite not "luxury" in my opinion... 

 

here is a picture of the RS next to us, 1614 i think..... the balcony... you see new white furniture.... and not even a pad on the new white lounger! The next picture is the CS to the right of us, that's 1618 I think...… again white new furniture. A NICE new touch is the monogramed robes! and you get to take them home!   

 

 

 

 

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4999.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have the Royal Suite 10116- I assume the robes are just borrowed.  Look very nice!  

We were told they were ours to keep! i think if they are monogramed they are yours! maybe a RS or CS guest can let us know.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PaulMcn said:

We were told they were ours to keep! i think if they are monogramed they are yours! maybe a RS or CS guest can let us know.... 

Wow!  They look beautiful!  Hope we can keep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sincere thanks for the RS balcony pictures, difficult to work out just how comfortable the chairs/footstool things will be....

 

I know those rattan things were getting a bit tatty and were a nuisance if they got wet but they were soooo comfortable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the pictures.  The Royal suite patio furniture sure is disappointing.  Seems like Celebrity is doing as much as they can to get people out of their rooms.  

 

I feel like like one of the promo pics I saw had those awesome suite patio loungers up around one of the pools.  Can’t remember if it was an M class ship or not but I distinctly remember thinking, oh, so that’s where they went.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Wow!  They look beautiful!  Hope we can keep.

We had the initialed robes in the Royal suite and kept ours.  The patio furniture was fine!  The suite didn't disappoint either- yes same old carpet- but new couch covers and chair- The bathrooms were perfect and master bath huge.  Not sure if we will be able to sail in a Royal suite again- but what an experience!  

 

Unlimted laundry and dry cleaning were great- fully stocked fridge with soft drinks, water and if you like beer.  So many nice perks-  Enjoyed Michaels club-  We were worried about furniture- but in Michaels, with the exception of the Michael's club concierge area was comfortable.  Only true disappointment was the retreat deck-  Needs much work to be up to the Edge standard.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's been discussed before, but the new bath products are really disappointing.  You would think that at that price point (RS, PS) you could get a nicer quality bath product.  Will be in a RS on Silhouette in November (pre-revolution) and I wonder if Bvulgari will still be offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We had the initialed robes in the Royal suite and kept ours.  The patio furniture was fine!  The suite didn't disappoint either- yes same old carpet- but new couch covers and chair- The bathrooms were perfect and master bath huge.  Not sure if we will be able to sail in a Royal suite again- but what an experience!  

 

Unlimted laundry and dry cleaning were great- fully stocked fridge with soft drinks, water and if you like beer.  So many nice perks-  Enjoyed Michaels club-  We were worried about furniture- but in Michaels, with the exception of the Michael's club concierge area was comfortable.  Only true disappointment was the retreat deck-  Needs much work to be up to the Edge standard.

 

Thanks for the update! We board towards the end of September. Can’t wait! So looking forward to a bit of pampering! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I know it's been discussed before, but the new bath products are really disappointing.  You would think that at that price point (RS, PS) you could get a nicer quality bath product.  Will be in a RS on Silhouette in November (pre-revolution) and I wonder if Bvulgari will still be offered.

The bath products were absolutely fine-  Have tons of Bulgaria from previous cruises, and IMO not a better quality product. The bathrobes were just wonderful!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just returned from a week in PH 1611 on Equinox. The two chairs on the veranda are very uncomfortable because the seat is too long. You either sit with your legs hanging or you slump at an awkward angle. The few times we sat in them we brought the cushions from the inside sofa outside to support our backs. I asked the butler about it and he said no one has complained before. I asked another employee, a senior manager, to sit in those chairs and tell me what he thought. It was hilarious. He was about 6 feet tall and could not sit. He swore there had to be a back cushion and started looking for it. I doubt he'll ever tell anyone else though. I think it is the kiss of death for them to appear negative. In addition, the outside table in our room was different than the one shown in the pictures on this thread. Ours was flimsy and easily shook from side to side. It also tilts easily if you lean an arm on it. It would be very easy to end up with your meal in your lap if you eat out there. I showed that to him as well and he easily tipped the table over.

The new sofa in the living room is comfortable, at least as comfortable as the old one. I do miss the comfortable chairs in the living room but that is no big deal. 

We have stayed in the PH on Equinox 5 times and the RS twice in the last three years. I enjoy the piano in the PH, we usually have it playing while we enjoy the afternoon canipes and have drinks prior to dinner.  I understand the pianos are on the endangered list and will soon be gone. Too bad as I feel they contributed to the elegance of the suite. 

Michaels Club is now The Retreat and is much brighter and modernized. The seats are comfortable and the self service area at the end of the room is a good idea. The service in there was very good and the concierge was friendly and helpful. It didn't seem to be used as much as previous cruises but that apparently varies from week to week.

We did use the new Retreat area on the top deck and it was very comfortable and nice. You do need to look for shade but it was a nice quiet area to relax. We were told there are more amenities coming up there too including a small pool and rest rooms.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The interior of the Equinox Celebrity Suite 1112 has minimal changes... the bath products, a couple potted plants (NO flowers now), no fruit plate unless you asked for one, no binoculars, much larger TV, no more binder with ship information... furniture and decor is unchanged. Some of the balcony furniture was different. There was a white square table and 2 standard white chairs, two lounges (one of the original OLD ones with the curved footstool and one newer HARD with no cushion) and a white side table that could double as a stool. OH, and a huge plant that couldn't be pushed into a corner. Way over crowded! We got the new robes but not the monogrammed ones to keep. Those are only for PH and RS guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Midlo said:

 I enjoy the piano in the PH, we usually have it playing while we enjoy the afternoon canipes and have drinks prior to dinner.  I understand the pianos are on the endangered list and will soon be gone. Too bad as I feel they contributed to the elegance of the suite. 

 

 

I'm curious, how does the piano play. Do you bring CD's, or a flash drive?  We leave tomorrow and are in 1616 on Equinox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I'm curious, how does the piano play. Do you bring CD's, or a flash drive?  We leave tomorrow and are in 1616 on Equinox.

The pianos are Yamaha Disklaviers. They play disks but they also have downloaded music stored in the memory. There are usually disks in the piano seat but you don't need them. We were in 1616 last February and that piano is loaded with plenty of music. Ask your butler to show you how to operate it. It is easy enough. You can even control the volume with a button on the far right of the control unit.

Enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...