Daikoku pier Yokohama

bobhsv

We are docking at Daikoku pier, and wondering if anyone is familiar with the facilities there.  Do either the port authority or cruise lines (we are on Majestic Princess),  supply shuttles to a nearby railway station?  Or to another location?  We wish to get into Tokyo and back for the day.  Any advise/hints greatly welcomed, thanks!

After living in Tokyo for 30 years, and sailing into and out of Tokyo for even longer, I have never heard of a cruise ship calling at that cargo pier in Yokohama.

It is a bit remote, but there is a major highway running through the island.

You should be OK with a taxi to get to the mainland.

If you get to the Tsurimi District, just North of the Island, you can catch JR or subway into Tokyo without too much trouble.

2 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

After living in Tokyo for 30 years, and sailing into and out of Tokyo for even longer, I have never heard of a cruise ship calling at that cargo pier in Yokohama.

It is a bit remote, but there is a major highway running through the island.

You should be OK with a taxi to get to the mainland.

If you get to the Tsurimi District, just North of the Island, you can catch JR or subway into Tokyo without too much trouble.

Thanks for your reply, and advice re Tsurimi District. I have taken note, as this looks closer than the western exit road from the island.  We may have to wait until onboard to see if shuttles are being supplied, and where they are actually going to.  Hyperdia app should assist us too.

Here is the cruise schedule I found.... fyi.  Looks like Daikoku has been taking a few cruise ships in since April (we are August), with quite a few docking there in Oct.  

https://www.city.yokohama.lg.jp/lang/overseas/port/cruise/190423cschE.html#2B05F

Thanks again!