Train from Civitavecchia to Roma Termini after cruise

dimem

We are on the Edge leaving on Aug. 19th and returning on Aug. 30th.  We have already booked train tickets for the return to Rome and then on to Florence for a few days.  Looking at the port in Civitavecchia, it looks like a very long walk to the train station hauling our luggage.  Our train leaves at 9:16 for Rome.  Two questions:  Can we get a cab from where the ship docks to the terminal?  If we try to be first off the ship, will we make this train?  Another question, Do we have to go through security?  Thanks for any assistance, I can't seem to find this information.

3 minutes ago, dimem said:

We are on the Edge leaving on Aug. 19th and returning on Aug. 30th.  We have already booked train tickets for the return to Rome and then on to Florence for a few days.  Looking at the port in Civitavecchia, it looks like a very long walk to the train station hauling our luggage.  Our train leaves at 9:16 for Rome.  Two questions:  Can we get a cab from where the ship docks to the terminal?  If we try to be first off the ship, will we make this train?  Another question, Do we have to go through security?  Thanks for any assistance, I can't seem to find this information.

It is difficult if not impossible to book a taxi for that short distance.  You can take the shuttle from port to Largo della Pace - from here you can take a bus to the train station (buses run at approx. 20 minute intervals) or walk. The distance from Largo della Pace is 1.5km.

If you can possibly get off the port shuttle at Fort Michelangelo, it is a much shorter walk straight down Via Giuseppe Garibaldi - only about a fourth of a mile. Don't know if your shuttle would be willing to stop at the Fort though.

You will not need to go through security.

We disembarked in Civitavecchia in May and had tickets for the 9:16am express train to Rome.  We self-disembarked at 7:30 and walked from the the ship to the train station.  Got there by 8am and had plenty of time.  If I knew ahead how easy it would be, I would have taken my time and had a nice breakfast before leaving the ship.  If you can't carry your own luggage off the ship, they started calling some of the color tags around 7:15.  On our cruise, they had the colored disembarked tags out 2 nights before we arrived at Civitavecchia, so if you need a specific time make sure you check near guest services to see if they're out.  Instead of walking you can take the shuttle bus as posted above, I would leave the ship by 7:45 to allow enough time to find your luggage, and take the 2 buses to the train station for your 9:16 train.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, dimem said:

Why didn't you add the bus from the port to the train station when you booked your train ticket? Would have cost you 2 Euro per person.