Turning Pinnacle

A few years ago you made Pinnacle on the cruise that you completed 700 cruise points. Is this still the case? Recently I was told that you had to complete the cruise and received it on your next cruise, just like D or D+.  Is the policy uniform on all ships, or does it vary from ship to ship?

It varies from ship to ship, depends on the LA. On our VIsion Panama Canal cruise there was a lady who reached Pinnacle and the guy told her it would be celebrated on her next cruise. On Explorer, our friends turned Pinnacle and it was celebrated that sailing at the Top Tier party. At RCI's website, it states that it's supposed to be recognized on the voyage you make it on. Apparently not all LA's read the fine print.

You are supposed to be recognized on the cruise you hit 700 points on.  When you first board, contact the loyalty ambassador as it is their responsibility to recognize you.  They usually do it at the top tier party.  Depending on the LA, you make get your wifi codes and gold cards the day after the top tier event, or you may have to wait until your next cruise, this seems to vary.  You may also get invited to the pinnacle Lunch, which is very nice.  And congratulations!

Edited by willing292

we recently passed this milestone on Grandeur.  We were recognized at the Top Tier Party on the cruise we hit 700 points.  We did NOT get the wifi codes or gold card.   We did not get invited to the Pinnacle Dinner, but we did get dinner at the Captains Table with the hotel director.

We did get the gold cards and wifi codes on our next cruise.  The name tags and stuff showed up in the mail about one month after the 700 point cruise.

You you should be recognized at top tier, if the ship does top tier party😉

Everything else is gravy

LA got us an invite to Pinnacle lunch

CK manager gave us access to CK for lunch

SL Concierge got us Barefoot Beach passes

20 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Sorry that was on grandeur

Perfect!  Thanks so much!  We purposely wanted to turn on a smaller ship, they seem to do it up nicely.  CC friend of ours turned on Rhapsody last February.  They did a nice job also.  She got her new card, and all the perks starting with the ceremony at the upper tier.  She was thrilled.  

On 6/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, djjoe said:

A few years ago you made Pinnacle on the cruise that you completed 700 cruise points. Is this still the case? Recently I was told that you had to complete the cruise and received it on your next cruise, just like D or D+.  Is the policy uniform on all ships, or does it vary from ship to ship?

We turned Pineapple on an Indy cruise recently.

I say turned because the exact day was the third

day of the cruise.

I requested, and received, concierge's help to

allow us to be 'recognized' on our next cruise,

which was Allure, three weeks later.

It was a good decision.

Our exact points caught up to us 10 days later

on the C&A website, and it said Pinnacle Club, yeahh!

So we were official and received Pinnacle cards when

boarding. Concierge was wonderful. Recognition

was day 2, at C&A event, Aqua Theater.

We were treated to gifts, lunch at Captains table,

discussion of benefits, Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge,

behind-the-scenes tours....awesome, WOW.

The other end of the spectrum is if you become

Pineapple on a short cruise, say 3 days on Navigator,

or on Empress. They may not 'celebrate and recognize'

new pinnacles....is what they said.

In fact I received a printed sheet on Indy (5 nt cruise)

specifically saying that changes to new levels of

C&A tiers would not take effect until the official points

are posted on your C&A web page.

IMHO, leave 2 weeks between actual day you

turn pinnacle (you will certainly know, ha) and

your next cruise...so official points tally up.

AGREE...each ship is different, short cruises, smallest

ships, may not be staffed, or equipped, or have the

time to organize your 'recognition'.... even on your

first official pinnacle cruise.

Bottom line for us was (being pro-active) to get the

concierges involved on the cruise before, during, and

planning your 'official' recognition. 

Reread this last sentence, lol!

Hope it goes well!

Edited by Rocket3D

2 hours ago, atb said:

we recently passed this milestone on Grandeur.  We were recognized at the Top Tier Party on the cruise we hit 700 points.  We did NOT get the wifi codes or gold card.   We did not get invited to the Pinnacle Dinner, but we did get dinner at the Captains Table with the hotel director.

We did get the gold cards and wifi codes on our next cruise.  The name tags and stuff showed up in the mail about one month after the 700 point cruise.

That's great thanks!  🙂  Our next cruise after that is on Harmony, 2 months later.  Should be enough time to get the tags etc.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You you should be recognized at top tier, if the ship does top tier party😉

Everything else is gravy

LA got us an invite to Pinnacle lunch

CK manager gave us access to CK for lunch

SL Concierge got us Barefoot Beach passes

Thanks John.  Turning on Grandeur (the very last day of our B2B) in September, next cruise after that is not until late November on Harmony.  Doing B2B in JS on that ship...no GS booking needed.  😉 

No big deal if they don't recognize us on Grandeur, since official points not earned until last day, but at least will be tidied up to exactly 700 when we board Harmony after that.  🙂 

Of course you had best of both worlds with recognition on both MJ and Oasis...thanks to a bit of wind.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks John.  Turning on Grandeur (the very last day of our B2B) in September, next cruise after that is not until late November on Harmony.  Doing B2B in JS on that ship...no GS booking needed.  😉 

No big deal if they don't recognize us on Grandeur, since official points not earned until last day, but at least will be tidied up to exactly 700 when we board Harmony after that.  🙂 

Of course you had best of both worlds with recognition on both MJ and Oasis...thanks to a bit of wind.  😄 

Are you coming to Pt Canaveral on your B2B?

22 hours ago, island lady said:

I am turning on the very last day on Grandeur.  Not sure how that is going to work?  🤔

Anyone have experience with that ship on the turning point?  

Pat, I know a it's early but let me be the first to congratulate you and Bucky for turning pinnacle in September. 🥂  I'll probably have a senior moment and forget when you return from your September cruise. Plus we'll be cruising in September.  Wear your pinnacle badges proudly. 😎Just don't forget about us Royal DS. 😜 You've taught us well. 😉

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat, I know a it's early but let me be the first to congratulate you and Bucky for turning pinnacle in September. 🥂  I'll probably have a senior moment and forget when you return from your September cruise. Plus we'll be cruising in September.  Wear your pinnacle badges proudly. 😎Just don't forget about us Royal DS. 😜 You've taught us well. 😉

Awww...thanks!  😘 There is still nothing even close to being a Royal DS though!   Best club in the world, and great members to enjoy with!  😄 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, island lady said:

I am turning on the very last day on Grandeur.  Not sure how that is going to work?  🤔

Anyone have experience with that ship on the turning point?  

Congratulations on your upcoming Pinnacle status our DS friends.

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations on your upcoming Pinnacle status.

Ahh..thanks...but it is still so far away.  Over a year from now, just started counting up the points from the cruises I have booked and found that it came to 700 on Grandeur.  At least it is booked, now...hopefully will actually make it there.  😮😉 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh..thanks...but it is still so far away.  Over a year from now, just started counting up the points from the cruises I have booked and found that it came to 700 on Grandeur.  At least it is booked, now...hopefully will actually make it there.  😮😉 

I hope RC make it very special for you both when the day arrives our DS friends.