What Do you like & what do you Don't Like About Carnival Miracle

mcrcruiser

We just got off the Miracle. The staff was awesome! The shows were great. When and if this ship gets 2.0 upgrades, it will be really nice. The ships has a little wear but dry dock will cure that. We did miss the dive in movies and Guys but, we always found good food and plenty to do. 

• Like 2

Just got off the Miracle a week ago.

Pros:

• Huge serenity area with a great variety of seating options
  • Never felt crowded except on embarkation day at Lido
  • Gatsby's Garden is beautiful
  • Steakhouse was divine
  • Dining room staff was top notch
  • Very large lounge areas. Piano bar guy (Martin) was the best I've experienced.

Cons:

• No Blue Iguana. Didn't really miss Guys because the Lido grill was really good.
  • The movement and vibration of the ship is much greater than I've experienced on other ships. Could feel the ship rocking quite a bit, like in the middle of the night had trouble walking to the bathroom. (I was in aft cabin)
  • Thanks 1

Verify they are going to fix the outrageous vibration felt on nearly every aft deck.  Our Aft wrap vista suite on deck 4 vibrated 24/7 last trip in 2017.  We even had to ask the steward to remove all of the glassware because it just clanked all night long.  ugh!

The lack of restaurants will hopefully be addressed with the next dry dock now that it's not headed East.  Good Luck.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, Buckimion said:

That is the downside to the dry dock. These WILL be replaced with full-height windows. No more fresh air.

Wife and I are sailing in September...what deck were these french door cabins on?  We wouldn't change but I was just wondering.

Great thread for us first time Carnival cruisers. We have done 31 Princess and 9 HAL cruises. Going to Alaska with our son, DIL and 2 granddaughters next summer. They have sailed on the Miracle a couple of times. We just love sailing out of SF. 

Cheers, Denise

• Like 2

We are big fans of the Spirit Class ships! Have sailed on the Spirit and Miracle and love the ease of getting from one end of the ship to the other.  I don’t like the layout of ships that have a dining room midship that makes you have to go up, across, down, or around because of the galley. My favorite rooms are the aft wraps on deck 4 with those huge balconies and separate bedrooms. The Inside cabins with the French doors are terrific values. Joe Farcus was quite the visionary to come up with the 10,000 grape lights in the dining rooms. The lights are those cheap light fixtures with the milky globes above every toilet in new homes. I guess Joe figured if you paint the inside of the glass purple and put many of them next to each other you have instant grape clusters! I like the quirkiness of the decor, the roominess on the ships, and the serenity area for adults. 

• Like 1

I like the feel of the ship. I missed the 2.0 upgrades, but not enough to not sail on her. We were in cabin 7215 and it sounded as if there was a jet taking off constantly from the air blasting through the vents on the door. The seal on the balcony door wasn't entirely intact and the air would blast through the room from the cabin door to the balcony door. It was crazy loud. I'm not a light sleeper, nor overly noise sensitive, but this was always loud. Before we went we heard a lot of people complain about the vibrations. It's a ship and we didn't find that to be an issue for us. I love that it only sails with a little over 2,000 passengers. You never feel crowded. I like the quirky Farcus decor. I'd rather have that than sanitized decor. We had a great time on her and would sail on a Spirit Class ship again in a heartbeat.

We were on her in March and has a great time. 

layout is wonderful and as mentioned rarely felt crowded. 

Crew was great

Red Frog and Alchemy were always a good time. 

Wait staff was good with MDR quicker than most

Serenity was huge. 

Cons:

The ship was having AC issues.  Our room was flooded twice and several other had problems. Plus it didn’t keep cool when it was working. 

The buffet was tight in seating. I think a lot of that is due to no guys or BI. 

With that said, no guys or BI. 

Same with the 2.0 bars. Having to go down to red frog to get something not from the pool bar was a downer. 

Water works was a joke. 

Overall we enjoyed but wont sail again until the 2.0 upgrades are done. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Get your fat pants on said:

Hey Ventureman 2000 where did you hear that? We are scheduled for the Panama Canal cruise on March 2 and would love to have those updates. I do enjoy the Spirit class ships and would love to have Guys and Dive in Movies on our 17-day cruise.

This appears to be verifiable as the Miracle does not have any cruises between Feb 13 and March 2.  See Miracle's cruise dates below:

Jan     3-6, 6-12, 12-17, 17-Feb 1

Feb    1-13 

Mar     2-19, 19-23, 23-28, 28-Apr 2

I have not heard the specific upgrades that will occur.  I would hazard a guess that Guys, Red Frog Rum bar, and the like would be involved... I thought I read that perhaps there will not be a big screen Movie.  It's only a two week dry dock, and they will be refurbishing the cabins too, I heard.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Miracle twice before Guys and Blue Iguana were introduced.  It was a good ship to sail on but we did miss the Dive In theater.  Can't imagine sailing to Hawaii without a Dive in theater.  This was one of the things that prevented us from sailing to Hawaii.