Boarding time for suite passengers?

We just completed our online check-in for our July 12-19 Ovation of the Seas Alaska cruise. We are staying in a Grand Suite. Our cruise documents listed an embarkation time of 11am-3pm, but during check-in we were asked to select a half-hour arrival window. The earliest available was 12:00-12:30, so that's what we selected. Obviously this isn't a big deal either way, but I'm wondering if we need to arrive and board during our selected arrival window. I'd been under the impression that suite guests could arrive at any time. 

Thanks for any information!

3 minutes ago, AnnaKate1975 said:

We just completed our online check-in for our July 12-19 Ovation of the Seas Alaska cruise. We are staying in a Grand Suite. Our cruise documents listed an embarkation time of 11am-3pm, but during check-in we were asked to select a half-hour arrival window. The earliest available was 12:00-12:30, so that's what we selected. Obviously this isn't a big deal either way, but I'm wondering if we need to arrive and board during our selected arrival window. I'd been under the impression that suite guests could arrive at any time. 

Thanks for any information!

As far as I know embarkation times are not enforced at any US port.   Just show up anytime after 1030 or so.

You can arrive and check in anytime you want. Boarding will be right after Key passengers, probably 10-15 minutes before everyone else boards. You still need to wait to access your cabin. 

1 hour ago, gerif said:

You can arrive and check in anytime you want. Boarding will be right after Key passengers, probably 10-15 minutes before everyone else boards. You still need to wait to access your cabin. 

You sure about that? I would think suite guests board before key guests. In my experience, it’s suites and pinnacle first, then key, etc. Not that it really matters, though. You are only talking about a couple of minutes.

14 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

You sure about that? I would think suite guests board before key guests. In my experience, it’s suites and pinnacle first, then key, etc. Not that it really matters, though. You are only talking about a couple of minutes.

You could very well be right. Never expect to use Key. 

15 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

15  min difference, big deal

Boarding a ship is NOT like boarding an airplane.  Boarding starts around 11am...thereabouts....if you're there...board.  If you're not..there will be a "suite" line for you to "go next"...sort of like "skip the line".  They don't hold back the masses for you, but you do get in a shorter line when you get there.

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

In Port Canaveral it's Pinnacle then suites then the key. And down the line from there.

We have been in Star Class suites and have always been first to board, but that might be because we arrive at port between 9-9:30.  I know that is early for most people but my vacation starts when I get to the port, and our genie has always met us when we arrived.  Guess we will find out about suite boarding when we are on Liberty in the 4 bedroom suite.  I have not been hearing many good things about the Key lately, so it will be interesting to see how that program continues to play out.  Sounds like there are more unhappy people than happy ones.

7 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

In Port Canaveral it's Pinnacle then suites then the key. And down the line from there.

Actually it is b2b, pinnacle, suites, etc from my experience.  Time difference between b2b and suites gets called for boarding...probably 5 minutes or less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We have been in Star Class suites and have always been first to board, but that might be because we arrive at port between 9-9:30.  I know that is early for most people but my vacation starts when I get to the port, and our genie has always met us when we arrived.  Guess we will find out about suite boarding when we are on Liberty in the 4 bedroom suite.  I have not been hearing many good things about the Key lately, so it will be interesting to see how that program continues to play out.  Sounds like there are more unhappy people than happy ones.

Have never had a genie.  But suite boarding is generally right after or before pinnacles from my experiences.  If you arrive that early, the time difference is less than 5 minutes between the first group and next group to start boarding.  

We do not wait in line.  The genie comes down and takes you onto the boat as soon as it is available to board.  We do get there early but we fly across the country, usually 10-12 hrs in airplanes and airports, then a hotel so our thoughts are we would rather wait at the port instead of a hotel.  Our driver picks us up and laughs all the time because we want to be there early.  Like I stated, my vacation begins when I arrive at the port so the earlier I get there the less worry I have about getting there. 

• Like 1