Equinox - Fresh out of dry dock/refurb June 1-8, 2019 _First time Celebrity cruisers_

poncho1973

1 minute ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sept 23...11 day Southern Carribbean...flying out of ATL the day after the ND game.  🙂

Busiest airport in all the world!!! Sept 23rd looks like the same itinerary. We went on the EQ last Nov for 11 nights and had such an awesome experience we booked the same itinerary for this Oct 14th. Going to try Aqua this time around. The ports are great and the 11 nights allow time to disconnect and relax. Previously did the reflection and it was great too. We like the laid back feeling on X. GOOOO DAWGS!!!!

1 hour ago, baabtx said:

I'm not going to totally disagree with this post.  I too was on the cruise, and even pushing 60 I felt that I skewed the age down.  That being said, there were a few oldens that really did have fun! (the guy with the cane, that was amazingly agile on the dance floor - really grooving).  The Martini bar was packed every night and that's where I really noticed the age difference, but hey didn't bother me - everyone was having a good time and the drinks were good!

I will also agree with the Sushi Restaurant and wish more would try it (it's not all raw fish).  We used the special and pigged out!  The service was fantastic and the Sushi, etc was very good!

Really, really loved the Silent Disco - that was epic!

I think we had a very similar experience.

11 minutes ago, CikraB said:

Busiest airport in all the world!!! Sept 23rd looks like the same itinerary. We went on the EQ last Nov for 11 nights and had such an awesome experience we booked the same itinerary for this Oct 14th. Going to try Aqua this time around. The ports are great and the 11 nights allow time to disconnect and relax. Previously did the reflection and it was great too. We like the laid back feeling on X. GOOOO DAWGS!!!!

Looking forward to it, as a bonus, Sept 23 is our 30th wedding anniversary.  

34 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sept 23...11 day Southern Carribbean...flying out of ATL the day after the ND game.  🙂

You scared me... I had to look at the calendar... scheduled to fly to FLL on 22nd... day after the game...whoo.... DH would not be pleased if he missed the game.

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

You scared me... I had to look at the calendar... scheduled to fly to FLL on 22nd... day after the game...whoo.... DH would not be pleased if he missed the game.

As Dawg Nation people we must not neglect to watch any games. Published the schedule just in case anyone needs it.

Aug. 31 at Vanderbilt
Sept. 7 MURRAY STATE
Sept. 14 ARKANSAS STATE
Sept. 21 NOTRE DAME
Sept. 28 Open Date
Oct. 5 at Tennessee
Oct. 12 SOUTH CAROLINA
Oct. 19 KENTUCKY
Oct. 26 Open Date
Nov. 2 vs. Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 MISSOURI
Nov. 16 at Auburn
Nov. 23 TEXAS A&M
Nov. 30 at Georgia Tech

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

You dished it out, you need to learn to take it.  🙂

I disagree.  I don't feel the OP "dished" anything out.  Personally, I'm also considering staying away from this part of the forums.  I've predominantly posted in the RCCL forums, as that's what we've cruised the most, but we have cruised the Equinox in the past and really enjoyed it.  I've been in this part of the forums again just recently because we've booked the Equinox for this upcoming March.

I can't believe how "wound tight" some of these folks are, and self righteous truth be told.  They take offense when no offense was meant or implied.  ...and how about just seeing the humor in every day life?  

Dan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I disagree.  I don't feel the OP "dished" anything out.  Personally, I'm also considering staying away from this part of the forums.  I've predominantly posted in the RCCL forums, as that's what we've cruised the most, but we have cruised the Equinox in the past and really enjoyed it.  I've been in this part of the forums again just recently because we've booked the Equinox for this upcoming March.

I can't believe how "wound tight" some of these folks are, and self righteous truth be told.  They take offense when no offense was meant or implied.  ...and how about just seeing the humor in every day life?  

Dan

I was just messing with the OP a little bit....I never got on him for making fun of the old folks dancing, I don't think he meant anything by it myself.  

OP seems like an ok dude to me....words typed come across differently than words spoken.  

49 minutes ago, CikraB said:

As Dawg Nation people we must not neglect to watch any games. Published the schedule just in case anyone needs it.

Aug. 31 at Vanderbilt
Sept. 7 MURRAY STATE
Sept. 14 ARKANSAS STATE
Sept. 21 NOTRE DAME
Sept. 28 Open Date
Oct. 5 at Tennessee
Oct. 12 SOUTH CAROLINA
Oct. 19 KENTUCKY
Oct. 26 Open Date
Nov. 2 vs. Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 9 MISSOURI
Nov. 16 at Auburn
Nov. 23 TEXAS A&M
Nov. 30 at Georgia Tech

This will come in handy since we live in Atlanta....BUT DH went to Notre Dame..... although after 40 years in GA... we are also Dog fans.... but with 3 brothers and various nieces and nephews who have gone to ND... I suspect we will be supporting the family this go around.

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

This will come in handy since we live in Atlanta....BUT DH went to Notre Dame..... although after 40 years in GA... we are also Dog fans.... but with 3 brothers and various nieces and nephews who have gone to ND... I suspect we will be supporting the family this go around.

I find this turn in the thread funny.  🙂. Just a tad off topic. 

I hope the DH can handle the beatdown.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I find this turn in the thread funny.  🙂. Just a tad off topic. 

I hope the DH can handle the beatdown.  

Indeed........One must be careful while outwardly supporting ND while in the ATL Metro on game day. :classic_biggrin:

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, PTC DAWG said:

You dished it out, you need to learn to take it.  🙂

yes you need to stay and fight it out.   You've got to fight for your right to Partayyy

• Like 1

After nearly 40 years in Atlanta... and a number of less than stellar years of ND football..including a few heartbreakers.... we have embraced the Dogs... or at least I have..... my college had a division 3 team with free seats in an empty stadium... in fact our team reminded me...years later of the team in the movie MASH... which got stoned before each game..... We had one guy who actually joined the military to keep in shape in the off season... keep in mind... this was the Vietnam era... so not a good plan.... he lucked out because the draft ended our year....but in later years I remember this guy every time I see the movie Stripes...where John Candy talks about joining the army because they had 6 week program "which is perfect for me". But I digress. ..What's our topic? Oh yea Equinox refurb. Well we will see her....in Sept after the game... look forward to seeing the changes... we love the S class...so hopefully the changes will be net positive. :) 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:01 AM, cruisinRN said:

Thanks for the review. I am a bit nervous now as I am taking my 2 daughters, ages 18 and 16 on the Equinox next week. We got a really good deal, that's why we booked Celebrity. We have 14 cruises under our belt, but mostly on NCL, Princess and Carnival. We cruised HAL a few years ago and really disliked it. BORING (although service and food were amazing).

Although my girls do not need all the "bells and whistles", we do like to have something to do in the evening.

You didn't mention anything about entertainment/shows. Did you attend any and if so, how were they?

Would love to hear from others as well.

Thanks.

We are also traveling on the Equinox in August and we are a bit concerned that our 3 teenage sons will not have enough to do. I would love to hear how your daughters made out. 

Thanks

I was on this same cruise and it was my first time on a Celebrity ship. The crowd was definitely much older, but you're right...there is a severe lack of actual things to do on this ship and that makes me want to try Celebrity again in approximately 30 years. The cruise WAS relaxing though, so I'll give it that much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KorbenDallas82 said:

I was on this same cruise and it was my first time on a Celebrity ship. The crowd was definitely much older, but you're right...there is a severe lack of actual things to do on this ship and that makes me want to try Celebrity again in approximately 30 years. The cruise WAS relaxing though, so I'll give it that much.

Does that put you in the 25-34 year age bracket or 35-44 bracket at time of sailing? Just trying to add context to your reply of “try Celebrity again in approximately 30 years.”

1 hour ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Does that put you in the 25-34 year age bracket or 35-44 bracket at time of sailing? Just trying to add context to your reply of “try Celebrity again in approximately 30 years.”

It's not an infallible process, but context clues of a nickname that references a movie (Fifth Element) that would've been extremely popular in their formative (late teens) and an 82 in it tend to point that this person is likely 36 or 37 years old. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's a solid guess.

10 hours ago, KorbenDallas82 said:

What did you like the best other than relaxing? 

19 hours ago, Nymich said:

yes you need to stay and fight it out.   You've got to fight for your right to Partayyy

The Beastie Boys fought to get us those rights, it's only proper to respect their sacrifice. 

I said that I'll stay in my thread, but generally-speaking the X forums are a little too cantankerous it would seem.  I don't need to keep winding them up, even if it isn't intentional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poncho1973 said:

What did you like the best other than relaxing? 

Sorry, you didn't ask me, but for us it was the noticeable (but not huge) uptick in food quality versus Royal, slightly improved service, but what we liked the best about the Equinox were how connected we felt to the ocean and the views.  That top deck with all the grass, the sunset bar, etc...  just worked well for us for really feeling like you were cruising rather than being on a huge floating mall (which what the Oasis class felt like to us)

Dan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am beginning to fear that my 3 teenage boys will be at a loss for activities. They don't need the slides or rock walls etc but some fun activities are needed. Anyone that has cruised in June have input? I know that in August we have a better chance of having some more kids on board. Hoping anyway!

We wanted to give the boys a slightly more sophisticated cruising experience but didn't think we were foregoing so much " to do". 

Glad to hear the movie screen was added!