Bringing wine on board

Gilgorm

I have read that you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin onto the ship.

My question is: does the wine have to be in your luggage or can it be in your carry on? 

D.

Probably less hassle if you bring it in your carry-on. If it’s in your checked luggage it may cause a question which would lead to  the suitcase being put in the naughty room until you get a chance to open it and show that it’s wine, not liquor

11 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

the suitcase being put in the naughty room until you get a chance to open it and show that it’s wine, not liquor

I haven't tried bringing wine in a check-in on X but I had a slightly different experience on two other lines.  In both cases they delivered my checked in luggage to the cabin late, there a was a piece of paper that said my alcohol was confiscated and gave a time frame of when to visit the naughty room.  In the naughty room they asked if I wanted to pay the corkage fee, I said I wanted to consume it in the room and I got it back.  In summary, wine in a check in could mean, someone going through your bag, receiving that bag late and having to report to the naughty room at a possibly inconvenient time all of which could be avoided had you carried it on.

On a related note, I’ve found that the strictness on confiscating wine (holding until the end of the cruise) brought on during ports of call varies a lot, probably depending on the itinerary. 

We just got off the Constellation this morning, after cruising Venice to Rome, and throughout the cruise we could bring wine on board through security without any issue. 

(We always bring want to wine home from our travels as a memory for later on, and never open any bottles onboard, but of course Celebrity has no way of knowing that)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jjikids said:

have never brought wine so have a couple of questions. Is there a charge and can you only drink the wine in your cabin?

We brought 2 bottles in our carry-on and our own wine opener. Our steward got us Reidel stemmed wine glasses and we opened our wine and carried it into dinner. If you ask them to open it, they charge a $25 corkage fee.

7 minutes ago, jjikids said:

have never brought wine so have a couple of questions. Is there a charge and can you only drink the wine in your cabin?

No charge to bring the wine aboard. A corkage fee may be charged if you take the bottle in the dinging rooms. Pour yourself a glass in your stateroom and take it anywhere on the ship. No problem. 🍷

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, klscaz said:

We brought 2 bottles in our carry-on and our own wine opener. Our steward got us Reidel stemmed wine glasses and we opened our wine and carried it into dinner. If you ask them to open it, they charge a $25 corkage fee.

Thank you!!!!

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No charge to bring the wine aboard. A corkage fee may be charged if you take the bottle in the dinging rooms. Pour yourself a glass in your stateroom and take it anywhere on the ship. No problem. 🍷

Thank you!!!