Copenhagen Hilton Hotel

I have read there will be a new Hilton hotel in 2020.  I cannot find any dates other than 2020.  Does anyone know approximately what month this hotel will be opening?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Thank you Hallasm and Danish Viking.  Appreciate your replies.  We are considering a cruise which begins in Copenhagen.  It is approximately one year away, however, given it will be Summer season, we may have to reserve hotel earlier.  

We we are family of five.  2 seniors (me) and family of 3 (2adults and child 12 years).  Desired accommodation would be central location, walkable to restaurants and a few sites.  I do understand transportation may be needed for some things.  We would also desire breakfast included.  Elevator would be desirable.  I have looked at some hotels and also apartments, bearing in mind for our family, 3 bedrooms or at least 3 beds are required. 

Would you you have any suggestions for us?   Thank you.

Edited by HappyMe_

We have stayed at Charlottehaven Hotel Apartments and it's a great place. 2 mins walk to Nordhavn S station (for metro trains into CPH). Free underground parking.

We stayed there in fall 2017, and we are going back there in Aug this year.

We did search for hotels in CPH, and found Charlottehaven more to our liking.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, Danish viking said:

Talking about Charlottehaven, did you get a room in the new tower. 

It should open around the 1st og August. 

No, we didn't get a room in the new tower. They didn't offer us one. But we're going to stick with the apartment in the original hotel as they have balconies. When we are there (for 2 weeks in Aug) we'll ask for a tour in the new tower.

The apartments are so big and they have very nice kitchen. Irma supermarket is a short walk away and we have been there to stock up. We loved having our own breakfasts with freshly made coffee! Cheaper than hotels!

If you have a hire car, the underground parking is great (and free). There are elevators directly from parking up to your floor. As I'm 1/2 Danish and have relatives and friends in DK, we used car to visit them and other spots outside CPH. When we wanted to go into CPH proper we walked over to Nordhavn S station and took train into city. Easy peasy. 

Funny thing .. some of my relatives did visit us at Charlottehaven (for the Sunday brunch), they gasped when they saw the apartment - they must think we were loaded BUT (and we didn't bother telling them) the apt was cheaper than the CPH proper hotels!

Charlottehaven is close to Oceankaj. On our last day we returned the hire car to Kaastrup (we took a drive to Dragor first) and took the Metro into CPH and then the S train back to apt. It was fun. We looped in my cousins to take us to our cruise ship - after treating them with the Sunday brunch, ha ha.