Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
kelmac

Which ports do you tender?

Recommended Posts

We've been to all the Islands many times, but this is the first time we will see it from a cruise ship.  I know ships dock in Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kauai, but what about Lahaina (Maui), Hilo, (Big Island), and Kona (Big Island)?

 

Thanks -- Kel😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kelmac said:

We've been to all the Islands many times, but this is the first time we will see it from a cruise ship.  I know ships dock in Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kauai, but what about Lahaina (Maui), Hilo, (Big Island), and Kona (Big Island)?

 

Thanks -- Kel😄

 

Lahaina and Kona are tender ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

 

Lahaina and Kona are tender ports.

 

Thanks SS,

 

I guess Hilo has a cruise ship dock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kelmac said:

 

I guess Hilo has a cruise ship dock?

Yes.   Here is a photo of our ship at the Hilo dock taken last month from our helicopter ride and one of the dock taken from our balcony:

20190503_120651.jpg

Cruise ship dock in Hilo.jpg

Edited by kokopelli-az
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

Yes.   Here is a photo of our ship at the Hilo dock taken last month from our helicopter ride and one of the dock taken from our balcony:

20190503_120651.jpg

Cruise ship dock in Hilo.jpg

Thanks AZ!

 

Celebrity Eclipse is one of our favorite ships.  How far is this port from downtown Hilo?

 

Thanks again,

Kel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kelmac said:

Thanks AZ!

 

Celebrity Eclipse is one of our favorite ships.  How far is this port from downtown Hilo?

We didn't go downtown since we went to their airport for the helicopter tour but I believe it's at least a mile or so.  We saw people from the ship walking to downtown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kelmac said:

Thanks AZ!

 

Celebrity Eclipse is one of our favorite ships.  How far is this port from downtown Hilo?

 

Thanks again,

Kel

 

Google "What'sInPort.com/HiloHawaii".  It is a bit over two miles.  The other information seems rather helpful - but we would double-check about any shuttle to/from Walmart since we used to have one here too but it was discontinued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...