Enough time Civitavecchia to FCO?

cruzgryphon

I'm going to be on the Jewel of the Seas arriving in Civitavecchia at 5am. I've scheduled RomeCabs for an 8am pick-up. My flight leaves at 11:35am and I'm travelling business class (in case that makes a difference to responses to my question). Should I change the pick-up time to 7:30am or do you think half an hour won't make that much of a difference?

TIA

We would be fine with that 8am departure, but 7:30 does give you a better margin for error.  As to Rome, the route between Civitavecchia and FCO does not go anywhere near Rome although the area near FCO can get substantial traffic.  Other then the risk of a major accident on the highway causing delays we have never run into much traffic delays on the route.  As others have said, 1 hour is a good number to use for planning purposes although we have made the drive in about 50 minutes.  Flying Business Class does save substantial time at the check-in counter.

Hank

• Like 2

Thanks for all the feedback and advice everyone. I've moved up the time of my Civi. pick-up. The downside (for me at least) is that I'll have to do self-disembarkation, but that's better than taking risks with not having enough time at the airport. 

Thanks again!!