Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We were on B2B on Nieuw Amsterdam in May.  We got the normal "Welcome to your Collector Cruise" letter in our stateroom when we boarded.

Night before turn around day we had a very nice canvas tote bag on the bed when we came back from dinner.  Has been a long time since we've seen a canvas bag on a B2B. 

We wondered if it was because we were in a NS.

Edited by frankc98376

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows!! We have had wonderful canvas white bags with blue logo from the past and cheap blue ones recent!! I remember receiving a wonderful blue canvas bag back on our first cruise in 2006 that I still have and is wonderful!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  We never received any bag at all last week.  Someone else posted the same for a different sailing.  Was disappointed they’d stopped giving them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your kidding Ms G!! That is terrible it was always a nice touch that they did!!! Next thing you know the tiles will be gone too!!!

Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Your kidding Ms G!! That is terrible it was always a nice touch that they did!!! Next thing you know the tiles will be gone too!!!

Denise😊

 

I know!  It made me sad.  To be honest, I would prefer having the bag over the tile.  I stopped going to the luncheons a few years ago so I no longer get the tiles.  I have enough of them as it is.  The bags are great for groceries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

 

I know!  It made me sad.  To be honest, I would prefer having the bag over the tile.  I stopped going to the luncheons a few years ago so I no longer get the tiles.  I have enough of them as it is.  The bags are great for groceries.

That is what I use my totes for too!!! 

We don't do the luncheons either but get the tiles in our room!!  I too have more than I need but hey good for costers. 

Take care Ms G

Denise😊  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

That is what I use my totes for too!!! 

We don't do the luncheons either but get the tiles in our room!!  I too have more than I need but hey good for costers. 

Take care Ms G

Denise😊  

 

They never put the tiles in our room!  I don’t know whether to be happy or sad about that.  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

 

They never put the tiles in our room!  I don’t know whether to be happy or sad about that.  😂

Will get the invite card in room. I call decline and ask for tiles to be brought to room. Also when we got our bronze medal it was in our room too! 

Denise😊

Don’t be sad Ms G🥰 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Will get the invite card in room. I call decline and ask for tiles to be brought to room. Also when we got our bronze medal it was in our room too! 

Denise😊

Don’t be sad Ms G🥰 

They delivered my bronze metal to my room too, actually left it in the mailbox.  I was cruising with two other people, (short cruise only three days) not with my husband, so on our next cruise together my husband and I, when he was to get his bronze metal, he received an invite to the  ceremony and all.  I went to guest services to ask if I could join the ceremony and have the bronze metal presented to me like everyone else.  HAL kindly accommodated my request.  Having the original one just show up in the mailbox didn’t seem special at all, but as I guess it was a very short cruise, only one sea day and two port days I guess no ceremony at all. 

Mary

P.S.  I like the tiles, I plan to perhaps cover a tray with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed on the Oosterdam in Feb. in a Neptune Suite and received the new bag (not sure what the fabric is) and not the old traditional canvas bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

 

They never put the tiles in our room!  I don’t know whether to be happy or sad about that.  😂

 

Years ago, if you missed the mariner luncheon, your tiles would be delivered to your stateroom.  

 

Recently,  this does not seem to happen anymore.  If I miss the luncheon, then I go to the front desk and request the tiles  and are given them there - no problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never seen a check in desk or roll being taken, so how would they know you missed (and therefore send the tile?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, frankc98376 said:

We were on B2B on Nieuw Amsterdam in May.  We got the normal "Welcome to your Collector Cruise" letter in our stateroom when we boarded.

Night before turn around day we had a very nice canvas tote bag on the bed when we came back from dinner.  Has been a long time since we've seen a canvas bag on a B2B. 

We wondered if it was because we were in a NS.

I just returned from b-to b in Neptune Suite and recived the dark blue p;lastic  feeling tote the first leg  but no tote at all on week two.  However, I should add I carried one of my old canvas HAL tote bags some days in port.  (handy for holding a folded ' hoody')  🙂     I noticed I did not get any  tote  the second leg but didn't say anything.   I have so many , I felt greedy asking for another.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I’ve never seen a check in desk or roll being taken, so how would they know you missed (and therefore send the tile?)

 

Sorry I misspoke.    In the past, if I went to the front desk (not attending the mariner luncheon), they would inform me they would be delivered to the room.   Now it appears they hand them to you at the front desk, if requested.

 

You are correct, there is no “roll call” taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

I just returned from b-to b in Neptune Suite and recived the dark blue p;lastic  feeling tote the first leg  but no tote at all on week two.  However, I should add I carried one of my old canvas HAL tote bags some days in port.  (handy for holding a folded ' hoody')  🙂     I noticed I did not get any  tote  the second leg but didn't say anything.   I have so many , I felt greedy asking for another.

 

 

We were on a two segment TA cruise last fall on the Koningsdam and only received a tote bag on the first segment.  However we did get invited to two free wine tastings and mariner lunches and got four plagues, but only one tote bag,  (sob)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This one we received in April on Nieuw Statendam was new to me, but maybe it has been around for a while. (We were in a Neptune Suite, which is not our norm, so have been accustomed to the dark blue thin papery tote since the white and blue canvas ones went away.) 

 

It is a faux-canvas sturdy fabric, solid blue on the other side, zipper top, and velcro tab to close the side pocket. I like the capacity, length of the straps, and net pockets for water bottles when I head for exercise classes.

D02FFDF2-64E5-4D8C-A9C5-1CA3913F7F2C.jpeg

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This one we received in April on Nieuw Statendam was new to me, but maybe it has been around for a while. (We were in a Neptune Suite, which is not our norm, so have been accustomed to the dark blue thin papery tote since the white and blue canvas ones went away.) 

 

It is a faux-canvas sturdy fabric, solid blue on the other side, zipper top, and velcro tab to close the side pocket. I like the capacity, length of the straps, and net pockets for water bottles when I head for exercise classes.

D02FFDF2-64E5-4D8C-A9C5-1CA3913F7F2C.jpeg

That tote   looks like it is  very much nicer  than the crummy blue  plastic things they have been giving out.

 

I like the  one in your  photo   🙂

image.png.75033c6d58d85307ea0cd62a70432b07.png

 

 

sail.noordam@gmail.com

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by sail7seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This one we received in April on Nieuw Statendam was new to me, but maybe it has been around for a while. (We were in a Neptune Suite, which is not our norm, so have been accustomed to the dark blue thin papery tote since the white and blue canvas ones went away.) 

 

It is a faux-canvas sturdy fabric, solid blue on the other side, zipper top, and velcro tab to close the side pocket. I like the capacity, length of the straps, and net pockets for water bottles when I head for exercise classes.

D02FFDF2-64E5-4D8C-A9C5-1CA3913F7F2C.jpeg

 

Nice!! I wonder if these are new and just for the Neptune Suites?  Hopefullly others will chime in with their experience.  I have piles and piles of the blue, flimsier bags, and I don't dislike them - I use them for groceries.  But it would be great to get one like this! I have never gotten any kind of "special" bag when I've stayed in a NS, but I hope this is a new practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Nieuw Statendam in February we got the flimsy blue bag. This one looks much nicer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We received that new bag on the Nieuw Statendam in December in a Neptune. Daughters in a Vista did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oceanmom said:

We received that new bag on the Nieuw Statendam in December in a Neptune. Daughters in a Vista did not.

 

Interesting - we were on the Prinsendam on a Collectors and Neptune Suite in April - May, 2020 and just received the flimsy bags.

 

Perhaps they did not want to stock the ship since she was leaving the fleet.

 

The bags look quite similar to the ones that were discontinued about 6 years ago (which were given to all on Collectors’ cruises.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

This one we received in April on Nieuw Statendam was new to me, but maybe it has been around for a while. (We were in a Neptune Suite, which is not our norm, so have been accustomed to the dark blue thin papery tote since the white and blue canvas ones went away.) 

 

It is a faux-canvas sturdy fabric, solid blue on the other side, zipper top, and velcro tab to close the side pocket. I like the capacity, length of the straps, and net pockets for water bottles when I head for exercise classes.

D02FFDF2-64E5-4D8C-A9C5-1CA3913F7F2C.jpeg

 

I like the looks of that bag -- hope HAL starts to give them out on all ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we have gotten the last number of years is the blue plastic bags -- poor quality.

 

As for tiles -- we just tell the concierges that we will not be attending the brunch and ask her/him to get the tiles for us.  Never had a problem getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I wish I had asked at Guest Services why we hadn’t received a bag.  It seems inconsistent all around.  FWiW, we received the flimsy blue bags in a Neptune in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...