Booking spa service on embarkation day

surgie

I have read postings from people who book a spa service in early afternoon on embarkation day. We will be leaving out of Amsterdam on NS in August - ship sails at 5:00 pm. I'd love to book a service that day but not sure of my boarding time or how long the process takes. Would it be risky to book 1:15 or 2:30? They offer a 12:30 time slot so I assume that would mean we could be boarded by then??

I'm surprised they are offering a 12:30 time slot for a spa treatment (unless you mean salon?) on embarkation day.  They are usually busy doing tours and promoting the spa that afternoon.  If you arrive early enough for embarkation you should have no problem being boarded by 12:30.  The spa just isn't its usually serene atmosphere then...

17 minutes ago, Moriah said:

I'm surprised they are offering a 12:30 time slot for a spa treatment (unless you mean salon?) on embarkation day.  They are usually busy doing tours and promoting the spa that afternoon.  If you arrive early enough for embarkation you should have no problem being boarded by 12:30.  The spa just isn't its usually serene atmosphere then...

Ok good to know. I am looking specifically at a couples massage and on embarkation day it is offered at 12:00, 1:15, 2:30 and 5:00. The only other days I would consider are sea days and it's offered at 2:00, 3:15 and 4:30 on all the sea days. Was hoping for earlier so that's why embarkation day appealed to me. But if it's not a serene atmosphere I've save for another day.

29 minutes ago, surgie said:

OI am looking specifically at a couples massage and on embarkation day it is offered at 12:00, 1:15, 2:30 and 5:00. The only other days I would consider are sea days and it's offered at 2:00, 3:15 and 4:30 on all the sea days. Was hoping for earlier ...

I don't know where they get the times on the website.  When you embark, just go over to the spa and there will be many, many possibilities for making an appointment for a couples massage.  Those times I believe are arbitrary on the site...   Pick the sea day you want to do the massage and I'm sure you will be fine - but probably a good idea to book when you embark.  If you are in a NS you can ask the concierge to do it for you and you won't even have to brave the zooey spa on embarkation day, but if not, don't worry,  and enjoy your cruise and lovely couples massage!!  I did it with my SO a couple of years ago on Westerdam and it was very nice.  One word to the wise... it's a good idea to politely tell both of your practitioners that you don't (if you don't, of course) want to buy product, and you are there to relax and be pampered not to be given the hard sell... and would they please do the treatment in silence... they will usually be very gracious about it. 

9 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

With all the people tramping though the Spa area on embarkation day (on tours and on their own), I would avoid any treatment on that day.

Good to know - thanks. I'll wait for a sea day.