do I need a visa? Or how to contact the cruise company by mail???

SergeiKa

After a long break, I bought the cruise again with this company. But something about the website not working, on the website of the Russian representative offices do not answer, you have to write here!

Question: I am sailing from Dubai to Singapore (Russian citizen), do I need a visa to Singapore or transit 96 hours without visas?

- Travel agencies write that a visa is needed.

- Singapore border guards write that it is not necessary.

- Tourists with experience on the forums write that you can without a visa, but will have a long time to swear with the staff of the cruise company when boarding.

But do not want to spoil the rest from the beginning! I want to understand this mess in advance.

Thanks!

Maybe a call to the Embassies/Consulates in the Country that issued your passport, may be in order to reconcile the issues you appear to have with the responses provided, so far.

Asking here, may not be in your best interest and would spoil your vacation if incorrect.

Upon checking with the Embassies or Consulates, you find that you did not need any Visa, better you got them than not just in case...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 3

Thanks.

But this is the problem that the Singapore border service answers me that I do NOT need a visa.

But cruise companies in Russia (who represents Celebrity in Russia) - they say that they need.

Which is right?

Is there an official response from the cruise company?

What if I'm not allowed on Board?

The cruise company is very reluctant to offer Visa or Passport information and advice since they don't want to be responsible for any misunderstandings or faulty information. Celebrity, as well as other lines like Crystal, use Visa Central and most likely will suggest that you check their site. The advice to check with your Embassy is best since they know the latest news on what's required. Requirements change all the time to travel to and from various countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Orator is right, Cruise Lines are not a good source of info on visas. I did a quick google check and Singapore is listed as requiring an e-Visa for Russian citizens, but then notes there are ‘provisions’ allowing visa-free for 96hrs, whatever ‘provisions’ means, so Yes - call your embassy offices or Singapore offices, or try on line for visa for Russian citizens. 

Good luck and we are Not a great source of info on this because ‘things change’ and we are just reading what you can read also.

Den

2 hours ago, SergeiKa said:

After a long break, I bought the cruise again with this company. But something about the website not working, on the website of the Russian representative offices do not answer, you have to write here!

Question: I am sailing from Dubai to Singapore (Russian citizen), do I need a visa to Singapore or transit 96 hours without visas?

- Tourists with experience on the forums write that you can without a visa, but will have a long time to swear with the staff of the cruise company when boarding.

But do not want to spoil the rest from the beginning! I want to understand this mess in advance.

Thanks!

You don't need a visa if you are U S citizen to Singapore.You are required to have VISA if you visit India.

They advised you to get VISA for India.

Edited by verizon

The cruise line is not responsible for your visa. You have to take care on your own. They might deny boarding if you don´t have the proper paperwork in your passport.

You have to ask the authorities in Singapur - you did already and they said no, you don´t need any.

steamboats

56 minutes ago, steamboats said:

The cruise line is not responsible for your visa. You have to take care on your own. They might deny boarding if you don´t have the proper paperwork in your passport.

You have to ask the authorities in Singapur - you did already and they said no, you don´t need any.

steamboats 

Yes, the Singapore border service told me that I do not need a visa.

But what if the cruise company does not know about it and will not let me on Board even when landing in Dubai???

My compatriots on similar forums fans of cruises write that long swore when landing. I wouldn't like..

I've been on cruises, India comes to mind, where they allowed people to board without having the Visa. One tour was created for them where a small fine was part of the price, otherwise they couldn't leave the ship in Indian ports, but they were able to complete the cruise.

Edited by Orator

4 hours ago, SergeiKa said:

Thanks!

several sites shows that you need a E-Visa

image.thumb.png.5d18065d7c2ed43064e962b01d6206f8.png

image.png.344132b303e1f000e92b1256a1ac4246.png

• Thanks 1

Sergei,

The main problem is that the cruise line won´t (and can´t) tell you anything anyway. They simply don´t know and don´t take the liability for wrong information.

I had friends who had the proper paperwork and it took them quite a few time to be allowed to board. The staff at port didn´t have a clue. They always have problems so they saw this coming.

The best advice: If you do have a written proof by the Singapore authorities that you don´t need a visa then take it along.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Highpeaklad said:

Unless it’s very expensive, then get the visa anyway.  

What do I do now, in all visa-free countries visa, and then suddenly the staff of the cruise company does not know? ))

12 minutes ago, SergeiKa said:

What do I do now, in all visa-free countries visa, and then suddenly the staff of the cruise company does not know? ))

Maybe you cancel the cruise since you are not able to contact the Embassies or Consulates for the countries you wish to visit or do not believe what they have to say about requiring Visas or not.

There is no need to stress over it any longer.

X will not put itself in a position to provide you with information on which, if incorrect, you will come back and blame them. In all reality, they are only a 'transportation' company which happens to take people all over the world. They only can say which documents the ship and its' staff and crew will need when going to foreign ports, not its' passengers. If a crew member cannot get off the ship because they do not have the correct documents, then they have to stay aboard, nothing more they can do.

Good luck with this and bon voyage

On 6/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, SergeiKa said:

Thanks!

Here is a sight that may help:

https://www.visahq.com

You should probably go online to the Singapore consulate in whatever country you are currently residing in.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:25 AM, MarielC said:

Here is a sight that may help:

https://www.visahq.com

You should probably go online to the Singapore consulate in whatever country you are currently residing in. 

I have already applied to the Singapore border Service.

- They say you don't need a visa. Visa-free transit is possible.

- But representatives of the cruise company say that the ship without a Singapore visa will not be put.

And the cruise company itself does not answer any e-mails.

The first time I meet such a mess!!!

Sergei,

Once again... to get out of liability both travel agencies and cruise lines will always tell you that you have to take care about the visa. They will never tell you that you need a specfic visa as they don´t know all details (your citizenship, your passport...). They tell you that you need a visa - this doesn´t mean that you actually need a visa and can´t use a visa free travel. This question can be only answered by the visa authorities of the country you want to visit.

In your case Singapore told you that you can use the visa free travel. Than print out this information for your travel documents.

steamboats