Snorkeling without Sting Ray

spartacheer

I am looking for either:

1) a snorkel excursion that does not include stingray city (we've already done that and not everyone wants to go back). We would like it to be a nicer boat that those that don't want to snorkel can just relax on the boat while those that want to snorkel can. 

OR

2) a good beach that we can go to where some can snorkel, others can sit and relax. We would need to rent some snorkel gear if we go this route. So, I would need recommendations on that also.

I'm beginning to feel like these are great ideas, but not very feasible ones. Any help or suggestions?

Probably Rum Point would give you the best options. Near to Sting Ray City so you might see rays.  Good restaurant and bar. Snorkeling is usually in calm waters with good coral out toward the barrier.    However, about an hour's drive from Georgetown.  I think RedSail Sports rents snorkel equipment.

Eden Rock and Cheeseburger Reef ate good spots for snorkeling near the cruise port, but not much in way of beach.

Up along 7 Mile beach past Governors Beach (which can offer good snorkeling about 50 m off shore) is Cemetery Reef. Nice beach and decent snorkeling.

Up by the Turtle Farm is Macabuca Grill.  The area, known as Turtle Reef is a top diving site, but there's a shallow reef near shore.  Probably need your own gear.

Adventura Cayman rentals snorkel gear and has a pretty good website for information and interactive maps.

https://www.adventuracayman.com/

• 2 weeks later...

On a recent cruise 5/25/19 we enjoyed Smith's Cove. There is a small beach, decent snorkeling in calm waters,shade,picnic tables, clean public bathrooms and showers. There were no place there to purchase any food, umbrellas, chairs, or snorkel equipment. We walked (ages 70 and 72) from the pier, it took about 30 minutes, but I'm sure you could catch a cab to there, but not sure how you'd get one back as none passed us on our walk back.

• 1 month later...

We wanted to take a similar tour, but they don't exist. We decided to rent a car and go to spots (sp?) beach. Last time we did cemetery beach and it was empty and totally relaxing. 

I don't suggest renting snorkel gear- just go to Walmart and buy it. You can buy a mask/lesnordeste/fins for basically the same price.