Celebrity Credit Card

enclavian

I enjoy trading my points for onboard credit for cruises. It is easy to do it all online and you can credit it to a specific cruise online. I always take a receipt in case it doesn't get credited, but so far it always shows up on day 2 of the cruise.

With double points on RCI and Celebrity charges, it can add up pretty fast. 🙂

I use my points to take $$$ off my cruise balance.  Celebrity is very generous with OBC (and as a single, I don't have to share with anyone😉)...so getting a reduction on the cruise fare is a huge plus for me.  I have cards for Princess, RCCL and Celebrity.  I used the Celebrity card for purchases on my RCCL cruise last week and will be able to save several hundred dollars off of my upcoming Edge sailing.  Win/win!

• Like 1

There are terrible cards in the points and miles world.   Much better off with travel back credit card like Barclycard World Arrival plus with 70,000 points to sign up after meeting min spend that's $800 off a cruise. I just picked up one for me and my husband and ended up with $2000 off our cruise.  Or pick up a chase sapphire preferred card to cover all your airfare or hotel prior.  A wasted hard pull on credit report for the little they give you for the sign up bonus.  

It's a very weak card. There are other basic travel cards out there that are far easier to use with more flexible point redemption options that also have better perks. Chase Sapphire Preferred, IHG, Southwest, Citi Premier, etc. are all better choices. For all around ease of use, the Sapphire Preferred is the best IMO.

Appreciate all the responses. Already have a few value added credit cards that I use for airline miles. Just wondered if this one was worth it since we live in Florida and can drive to various cruise ports thus saving air but possibly cruise more often if the credit card helps in that regard. Looking forward to Equinox in 11 days☺️

The Capital One Venture Card is 2% return on everything, which will credit towards your travel expense.  

Personally I'm going for World of Hyatt for general spending (equals about 3 free nights a year at 15K in spend), and Sam's Club or Costco for Gas, Restaurant, and travel.

10 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

The Capital One Venture Card is 2% return on everything, which will credit towards your travel expense.  

Personally I'm going for World of Hyatt for general spending (equals about 3 free nights a year at 15K in spend), and Sam's Club or Costco for Gas, Restaurant, and travel.

For General spend you should go for Chase Ultimate rewards where you can transfer to Hyatt or to Marriott etc... Airlines or book thru their portal.  Chase Reserve for 3x travel and restaurants, Freedom for 5x rotating categories and Freedom Unlimited for 1.5x everything else. 

I just got the WOrld Arrival to help with this last cruise but I will also pick up the Capital one at some point for erase the cost of the next cruise. 

1 hour ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

For General spend you should go for Chase Ultimate rewards where you can transfer to Hyatt or to Marriott etc... Airlines or book thru their portal.  Chase Reserve for 3x travel and restaurants, Freedom for 5x rotating categories and Freedom Unlimited for 1.5x everything else. 

I just got the WOrld Arrival to help with this last cruise but I will also pick up the Capital one at some point for erase the cost of the next cruise. 

Three Chase cards is more advanced.  I'm more of an American Express person myself, with both business and personal Gold cards.  Next will be the Blue Business Plus for 2x on everything, and World of Hyatt for personal.  All of my airfare and hotels are paid for with points and miles.

Capital One Venture is the simplest card to mimic the cruise branded cards, with double the rewards.  Don't like Carnival anymore, and want to try MSC?  No problem, the points follow you anywhere.

I used it for a few years. Got some OBC. However, you have to take a cruise to benefit and it has to be cashed in weeks before a cruise, and you must take exact multiples of $50.  What a royal pain!  There are lots of much better credit cards that have better payoffs without taking a cruise. Like bank cards that pay back in cash.   Love hotel and airline cards. I have cashed in Hyatt and Hilton points for many free hotel rooms and upgrades.  It has saved me lots of money. It is especially great when hotels are in peak season.