Vendors in Cozumel

aghajanian2000

Traveling through Carnival to Cozumel. Don't want to get overcharged on excursions by buying from ship. Activities we want to do are: 

Horseback riding, Jeep tour (with activities).

Which vendors have good deals and are professional? Which should be avoided?

for jeep tours look at this one.  https://www.cozumeloffroad.com/

Gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Johann and Sandra also have good reviews: https://www.cozumel-tours.com/jeep-tour-cozumel.htm and offer horseback riding too.  https://www.cozumel-tours.com/horseback-riding.htm

Edited by crewsweeper

On 6/11/2019 at 4:34 PM, aghajanian2000 said:

I'm also confused because if I were to look up all the different tour companies for all the activities in each of the 4 islands we're visiting it will be very time-consuming and stressful. Is there really no way to just walk up and book them?

You might be able to book something on the street but there's no way to really know if anything is available at that time or if its reputable 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, aghajanian2000 said:

I'm also confused because if I were to look up all the different tour companies for all the activities in each of the 4 islands we're visiting it will be very time-consuming and stressful. Is there really no way to just walk up and book them?

Personally I would not risk waiting until I got there and try to do an excursion with a vendor and no way of knowing what you would pay. If you are confused and stressed by searching online and checking reviews then it would be better to book your excursion through the cruise line. It may be a little bit more expensive but there is value in eliminating stress, and if there is anything that comes up that makes you late the cruise ship will wait for you if you are on a ship sponsored excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Cozumel was the only stop where I didn't book anything in advance. When we got past most of the vendors in the port, someone who worked for the city in a booth asked us if we needed help. I hadn't realized there would be city employees there (unless this was a scam- who knows?). He directed us across the street to a place called Islenos Tours. I wasn't sure once I got there how they were any different from any other excursion company. But through them we organized our day with horseback riding and a few hours at a small resort called Aquarium. There didn't seem to be a lack of options.

2 hours ago, aghajanian2000 said:

Cozumel was the only stop where I didn't book anything in advance. When we got past most of the vendors in the port, someone who worked for the city in a booth asked us if we needed help. I hadn't realized there would be city employees there (unless this was a scam- who knows?). He directed us across the street to a place called Islenos Tours. I wasn't sure once I got there how they were any different from any other excursion company. But through them we organized our day with horseback riding and a few hours at a small resort called Aquarium. There didn't seem to be a lack of options.

How was the Aquarium? I have asked before but never found anyone who has been.

Edited by c-leg5

7 hours ago, aghajanian2000 said:

It was simply the name of a resort. Are you asking about an actual aquarium?

No i am asking about the resort named Aquarium.

Facilities, cleanliness, prices? Just never seen reviews from anyone who went there after all my years of visiting Cozumel. 

It was fine. It is small. The dining area is outside so you don't get any relief from the stifling heat. For a reasonable price you get access to chairs, umbrellas and a few different types of water vehicle (hayak, paddle board, etc.) as well as their water toys. Small beach. Rocky sea floor was a problem. 

See poor reviews of this place on TA.  Appears that taxi drivers are redirecting people here. Map indicates it's between Chank and Paradise Beach.  Should be in the same zone as Chank and PB so not sure why some of these folks are saying taxi prices at port were too high. Maybe thinking these were per person not per taxi.

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

See poor reviews of this place on TA.  Appears that taxi drivers are redirecting people here. Map indicates it's between Chank and Paradise Beach.  Should be in the same zone as Chank and PB so not sure why some of these folks are saying taxi prices at port were too high. Maybe thinking these were per person not per taxi.

Funny, I just happened to have read those recently. Not sure why people were so mad. Like one poster wrote, for 20 bucks you can't complain. It ain't the Hyatt. Our taxi driver (not at the port) had a laminated flyer and did recommend the place, but we discussed various options with him for 5 or 10 minutes and then decided to check it out. We could have left immediately had we wanted to. Also, a lot of cruisers and tourists ended up coming by and staying. The only real problem was the nasty rocks in the water, but they can't control that and it's probably like that all over the island.