CoCo Cay Cabana Pricing

I've just paid £330 for a South Beach Cabana for 8 people - Oasis of the Seas August 2020.  South Beach isn't even opening until December this year apparently so don't even know if its a good deal or not!  No other cabanas being offers on Cruise Planner at this time but wouldn't want to pay any more and not the crazy prices being offers above!!

1 minute ago, redarchitect said:

I've just paid £330 for a South Beach Cabana for 8 people - Oasis of the Seas August 2020.  South Beach isn't even opening until December this year apparently so don't even know if its a good deal or not!  No other cabanas being offers on Cruise Planner at this time but wouldn't want to pay any more and not the crazy prices being offers above!!

We just booked the same cabana for $399 USD for Harmony in May 2020.  After seeing all these crazy price changes I at least wanted to get something locked in at a reasonable price and can monitor if it changes or when additional locations get released.

The cabana on my cruise went up to the same price.  lol there someone at RCI having fun with this. I usually go on the cruise planner to see if prices have dropped. Now I'm going on to see how high they'll go.683889461_Screenshot2019-06-12at3_24.14PM-Edited.thumb.png.7b648998509bd5e1adeeeac187e1ec60.png

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:26 PM, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Mariner Feb 2020:

Thrill Waterpark Cabana is currently $474, down from $499
Chill Island Cabana is $399, unchanged
Oasis Lagoon Cabana is $379, down from $399

South Beach Cabana is $399, unchanged

Thrill Waterpark full day pass is $37, down from $44

Just about 24 hours later and I'm seeing price increases as others have mentioned, just not quite as high. Tonight's pricing:
Thrill Waterpark is now $574

Chill Island is still at $399

Oasis Lagoon has jumped up to $779

South Beach is still at $399

Interesting that the 2 that had price drops in the past are now the ones that have price increases

9 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Just about 24 hours later and I'm seeing price increases as others have mentioned, just not quite as high. Tonight's pricing:
Thrill Waterpark is now $574

Chill Island is still at $399

Oasis Lagoon has jumped up to $779

South Beach is still at $399

Interesting that the 2 that had price drops in the past are now the ones that have price increases

Keep looking (daily)...I've seen the prices change 3 times in one week.

The Thrill Waterpark Cabana lowest price to date was 373.99...which we grabbed.

I've seen (multiple times) the Chill Island and Oasis Cabanas as low as 299.99.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, TeachNY said:

Are people really paying $1,299 for a cabana?! I'm on the Anthem in Nov 2019, and that price just seems outrageous!

CoCo.JPG

I thought this was bad,, I posted this for our Mariner roll call.

bestseller.JPG.6f4fbe7db5aef9e530b7179ffb5048ea.JPG

Just now, BillOh said:

Artificial Insanity?

Amen. 👍🤣

But honestly...having checked the prices probably 100 times (including more than once a day in a couple cases) - just for kicks & giggles and to confirm the lowest price possible...there is some pretty strong evidence that supports Royal using an algorithm of some kind which adjusts pricing daily based on key data (such as # of remaining cabanas, # of days left until excursion date, etc.).

It's kinda tough to imagine that anyone has a job manually changing hundreds of Coco Cay prices for numerous sailings...so AI is probably in play.

• Thanks 1

Talk about dynamic (and crazy) pricing for Chill Island Cabana

• For our Navigator cruise (end of Aug) , it costs $567 CAD
  • For our Anthem cruise (March break), it costs $1135 CAD

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather spend that on another cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:05 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Instead of reducing the price further they have raised the prices so that when they drop them down to the $500 level people will think they are getting a bargain and snap them up.  

Bingo !  It's a great selling trick.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Amen. 👍🤣

But honestly...having checked the prices probably 100 times (including more than once a day in a couple cases) - just for kicks & giggles and to confirm the lowest price possible...there is some pretty strong evidence that supports Royal using an algorithm of some kind which adjusts pricing daily based on key data (such as # of remaining cabanas, # of days left until excursion date, etc.).

It's kinda tough to imagine that anyone has a job manually changing hundreds of Coco Cay prices for numerous sailings...so AI is probably in play.

I have no idea if that is true, but its the best explanation I've heard.  Still whomever programmed the parameters must be insane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Why? If someone is paying those rates, why wouldn’t RCI take their money?

On the other hand...this could simply be "russian roulette pricing"... a technique used by some companies to determine 'what the market will bear" for a price. Once they see at what point(s) people lock in their reservations...they get a pretty clear picture of "what flies and what doesn't for the "maximum mean price with "x"% in sold units". 

1 hour ago, BillOh said:
3 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Amen. 👍🤣

I have no idea if that is true, but its the best explanation I've heard.  Still whomever programmed the parameters must be insane. 

I just assumed that most of Royals pricing - cabins, excursions, "sale" pricing on drink/dining packages, etc - is dynamic and AI-based. Just like airline tickets It doesn't surprise me that they do the same with Cabanas.

Once the new cabana smell fades, price will come down from outer space to the upper stratosphere.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Why? If someone is paying those rates, why wouldn’t RCI take their money?

Hopefully people will continue to pay those prices which help keep down the price of the ship cabins, drinks, etc.

@Ocean Boy - that one is for you.  😎😉

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

On the other hand...this could simply be "russian roulette pricing"... a technique used by some companies to determine 'what the market will bear" for a price. Once they see at what point(s) people lock in their reservations...they get a pretty clear picture of "what flies and what doesn't for the "maximum mean price with "x"% in sold units". 

It's more like: We spent a bucket-load of money "upgrading" this island, now we need to recoup the cost.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I just assumed that most of Royals pricing - cabins, excursions, "sale" pricing on drink/dining packages, etc - is dynamic and AI-based. Just like airline tickets It doesn't surprise me that they do the same with Cabanas.

Once the new cabana smell fades, price will come down from outer space to the upper stratosphere.

Ah, Airline prices, they use to do some real wierd stuff.  We use to have a division of your company in Florida and we were in Columbus, Ohio.   People coming to our plant would book the flight that stopped in Columbus on its way to Detroit.  From FLL to Columbus was $300, but if you booked the same flight to Detroit it was $210.   Our colleagues would buy the ticket to Detroit and only check their bags to Columbus.   Of course this was pre- 9/11/01, that would probably set off alarms today.     

On 6/11/2019 at 3:33 PM, jptoz said:

My Nov 2 sailing it's  the same price. Saw that and spit out my drink. Everything is more expensive  in the N.Y.-N.J. area, and RCI knows it.

That’s even an outrageous price for NY.