CoCo Cay Cabana Pricing

It is interesting. A few years ago RCCL, increased the cabana rates from $250 north of $300. Then everyone was upset, but still paid. Then, prices steadily increased to the $400 - $600 range and more people decided not to buy. Now they come out with prices north of $1,000 and the majority of people are now content with their $374 to $474 prices. It seems to me that the marketing person RCCL hired should get a nice bonus for getting more cabanas sold in the $400 - $600 range than ever before. This is not a bargain, but another sales tactic. Think about it. Who is really going to rent a cabana for over $1,000 for 7 hours or less. If you find someone on your ship who did, please introduce them to me as I have a bridge in Brooklyn...In the end, their strategy is to get us to  jump at the lower $300 to $500 range and feel happy that we got a "deal".  

On 6/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, TeachNY said:

Are people really paying $1,299 for a cabana?! I'm on the Anthem in Nov 2019, and that price just seems outrageous!

If they are then I'm sure that for RCI it is their idea of a "Perfect Day at Coco Cay".... for the company.

Next, they will be printing that red banner at the top that says “Only X number remaining, and 50 people are looking at this now.”   Some people with a FOMO will probably jump at that higher price.

• Like 1

320 months ago over 1k now btw

- do you know if we get the special golf cart to take us to the cabanas as they used to do before ?

- also the small  lunch section just for cabanas is gone right? 

8 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

- do you know if we get the special golf cart to take us to the cabanas as they used to do before ?

- also the small  lunch section just for cabanas is gone right? 

Nope...and there's not Uber or limo service to cabanas either. 🤣

There's are Snack Shacks (burgers, hot dogs, and other things) near the cabana areas, as well as a Skippers Grill. The future (December) South Beach Cabana area will have its own eating facility.

1 hour ago, BeachChik said:

Chill island and oasis have shot back up to $1299 and south beach now show $799. 

I feel like it’s a game at this point to see how far up or down they go from day to day. 

Indeed...with only a number of game winners when the prices are down to "normal".

• 2 months later...

Looking at cabana prices on Coco Cay for our July 2020 sailing.

OMG.

Thrill park with water park access - $999

Oasis Lagoon and Chill Island - $1299

And South Beach show as sold out.

REALLY?

INSANE prices.

On my Harmony cruise in May 2020 the cabanas were $399 and now they are $1299.  I don't mind paying up to $500 for one but that's just outrageous!  I am prepping my daughters that we might not have a cabana this time.  Absolutely crazy!!!

I started another thread on this topic.

For our July 2020 (yes, a YEAR away), they are showing $1299 for Chill Island and Oasis cabanas.  CRAZY

I see, my thread got merged with this one.

Edited by SRF

On 6/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, redarchitect said:

I've just paid £330 for a South Beach Cabana for 8 people - Oasis of the Seas August 2020.  South Beach isn't even opening until December this year apparently so don't even know if its a good deal or not!  No other cabanas being offers on Cruise Planner at this time but wouldn't want to pay any more and not the crazy prices being offers above!!

My first cabana was on Labadee in 2012 during an Allure sailing. It was $200 for an over the water cabana that we enjoyed immensely. 

I'm going on the Navigator in November the cabanas are showing around $800 CDN. Glad I got to enjoy one when I did.

6 hours ago, Giorgi-one said:

Most of the cabanas specify maximum of 8 people.   Is it possible to add 2 more?

Yes, with another cabana.

You get wristbands for whatever the max occupancy is.

11 hours ago, Virtopia said:

My first cabana was on Labadee in 2012 during an Allure sailing. It was $200 for an over the water cabana that we enjoyed immensely. 

I'm going on the Navigator in November the cabanas are showing around $800 CDN. Glad I got to enjoy one when I did.

I'm with you on this... just 4 years ago I paid around $400 for the Over the Water Cabana at Labadee... talk about inflation today :).

My MIL paid $499 for an Oasis Lagoon cabana for Feb 2020 (there are 7 of us, so not bad) -- a couple of weeks after she purchased, the price suddenly jumped to $1299 and stayed there. They're now sold out. So I guess some people are willing to pay it. 🤷‍♀️