Current shows on Escape

Gershep

1 hour ago, DuckTollerFans said:

Choir of Man and After Midnight.  We saw both last week. Both were excellent. 

There were also various comedians or magicians which we didn't see. 

Both of those shows are MUST SEE.  Also enjoyed the dueling piano shows.

I should have said that the Choir of Man and After Midnight were in the theater. We saw the Choir of Man twice - and go early and get a beer on stage w the cast!

Howl at the Moon was a hoot! Almost as much fun as the cast was watching the people in the audience. 

All musicians on board are incredibly talented!

I was on the Escape back in 2015 and saw After Midnight. Didn't like it. I'm disappointed that it's still there, four years later. I'm going on the Escape again in March 2020, and I'm hoping that it will be replaced by then. 😕

I haven't really seen anything about Choir of Man that makes me want to see it (is it really just a group of men walking around a stage and singing random songs?), but it seems to have decent reviews, so I guess I'll check it out if I feel the desire to see a show. lol

I'm soooo sad they removed The Brat Pack. That show was awesome! I saw it twice during my cruise, and that was the inaugural cruise, so it wasn't a complimentary show yet. I would love to be able to see it again!

I loved After Midnight. I thought Brat Pack did a disservice to the memory of John Hughes’s movies. I know a lot of people feel the exact opposite. On my cruise, After Midnight got standing ovations and people were walking out of Brat Pack at a fair clip. Other people say they’ve seen the opposite. I guess the point is, people get to like what they like.

• Thanks 1

Choir of Man - fantastic, would see 2 times during the week.  After Midnight - terrible, walked out. I suggest you sit in the aisle near the back to make an easy mid show departure.

11 hours ago, dreamr said:

I haven't really seen anything about Choir of Man that makes me want to see it (is it really just a group of men walking around a stage and singing random songs?), but it seems to have decent reviews, so I guess I'll check it out if I feel the desire to see a show. lol

There is a sort of plot and all of the "characters" are pretty well defined. Yes, there is a LOT of "just" singing and dancing, but it is of AMAZING quality. The performers are incredibly talented and the arrangements and choreography are top-notch. I don't think anyone could not enjoy the show unless they just hate musicals generally. If you have an appreciation for music and talent, you will enjoy the show.

Saw "After Midnight" last October. Thought it was one of the best things I've seen on a ship. The singers and dancers are fantastic. NCL has contract with three female Broadway stars who rotate onto the ship.

Celebrating 50th anniversary next week and got engaged at college prom dancing to Duke Ellington and orchestra, so thoroughly enjoy that music. I understand it may be not to everyone's taste.

Was on the Escape last June.  Loved Brat Pack and I'm bummed that it's not there next week for my upcoming cruise.  My elderly mother loved After Midnight, but I did not and neither did my teenage son.  I'm looking forward to Choir of Man since I didn't see that last time around.