DUnn River Falls- only cruise ship listed in any of 3 ports

new-to-cruising22

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me!   THese boards have been quite helpful!    We are going to be in Jamaica on 7/4/19 and it looks like we are the only ship in Jamaica that day!   Only one in Falmouth and did not see any listed for Ocho Rios or Montego Bay when looking at the Port calendar.

I wanted to avoid taking a shore excursion with the cruise line looking at the pictures and the mobs of people but now thinking if we are the only cruise ship in Jamaica that day it might not be that bad?    I looked to book Cool Dave based on recommendation here but it would be $350 for the van alone!   That's either $37 or $50 pp depending if all of our group does the excursion.    But I do know DRF is about an hour away from Falmouth so maybe not that bad?    

Any insight or thoughts appreciated!

Thanks!!

Jenn

On 6/12/2019 at 6:36 AM, new-to-cruising22 said:

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me!   THese boards have been quite helpful!    We are going to be in Jamaica on 7/4/19 and it looks like we are the only ship in Jamaica that day!   Only one in Falmouth and did not see any listed for Ocho Rios or Montego Bay when looking at the Port calendar.

I wanted to avoid taking a shore excursion with the cruise line looking at the pictures and the mobs of people but now thinking if we are the only cruise ship in Jamaica that day it might not be that bad?    I looked to book Cool Dave based on recommendation here but it would be $350 for the van alone!   That's either $37 or $50 pp depending if all of our group does the excursion.    But I do know DRF is about an hour away from Falmouth so maybe not that bad?    

Any insight or thoughts appreciated!

Thanks!!

Jenn

Depending on the time your ship gets in, if you try to come off early then you will be the first to arrive and beat the crowd. If there is only one ship thou you should be fine. You can also check out Courtney Taylor Tours for prices as they come highly recommended 

I just seen your question, and I have tried to post a question or two in the Jamaica area here, and it seems like there are very few replies.  So, I went "directly" under the cruise line I would be using, and go many replies back.  This is just a suggestion. 🙂