CoCo Cay Hot Air Balloon Experience

5 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

Has anyone done this yet?  If so, how much is it and how long are you up in the air?  Thanks for any feedback!

I saw it on my cruise planner for a Sept cruise, $39 per person, at least for now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Technically it's a helium ballon, not hot air.

https://youtu.be/dEvA6QTE0Zg

Yes, they say it's helium and I don't doubt that. I find that interesting.

There is currently a world wide shortage of helium gas. To the point that we can't even supply full loads of helium to support medical MRI machines. Helium boils off so fast that an MRI system has to use nitrogen to help keep the helium from boiling off any faster.

• Like 1

I'm going to be on Harmony in August. I had thought about making reservations for this, but they had taken the balloon ride off my cruise planner for a couple of days. I just saw it back on cruise planner for $74. a person. I don't know if it's worth that much money. 

14 hours ago, Bsmeme said:

I'm going to be on Harmony in August. I had thought about making reservations for this, but they had taken the balloon ride off my cruise planner for a couple of days. I just saw it back on cruise planner for $74. a person. I don't know if it's worth that much money. 

I can't imagine that this is worth the money. I see it at a similar cost for my August Symphony cruise.

The ride is apparently 10 minutes only.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, SuiteLady said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback!  One more question....I read where you can only purchase a ride ticket on CoCo Cay and not online, beforehand??  Anyone know the answer to this?

I believe that is true because if there is any sort of wind it seems that you don't go up.  Probably is simpler to just sell the tickets if they are actually going to go up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I believe that is true because if there is any sort of wind it seems that you don't go up.  Probably is simpler to just sell the tickets if they are actually going to go up

I was on the Mariner 5/24. There was wind so they wouldn’t go up. 

13 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I was on the Mariner 5/24. There was wind so they wouldn’t go up. 

We were there the sailing before yours and it did not go up either.  Did not seem all that windy to us

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:39 PM, Bsmeme said:

That does seem a little stiff....it was only $20pp at Disney Springs...geesh!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

That does seem a little stiff....it was only $20pp at Disney Springs...geesh!!

$74 per person is more than "stiff"...it's a downright ripoff.

While the reported views are wonderful (per photos & video), paying more than about $25 per person (adults) isn't that enticing  for our consideration. We've seen it as low as $29 per person (close enough), but haven't pinned it down yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

$74 per person is more than "stiff"...it's a downright ripoff.

While the reported views are wonderful (per photos & video), paying more than about $25 per person (adults) isn't that enticing  for our consideration. We've seen it as low as $29 per person (close enough), but haven't pinned it down yet.

agreed!

I have a B2B Mariner coming up shortly.  It was $54.99 pp for one cruise  and $24.99pp for the other . Priced at one of the %off excursion sales.  Obviously booked the $24 pp .  Seemed like a good price to try it.

I'll report back soon.

M

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I have a B2B Mariner coming up shortly.  It was $54.99 pp for one cruise  and $24.99pp for the other . Priced at one of the %off excursion sales.  Obviously booked the $24 pp .  Seemed like a good price to try it.

I'll report back soon.

M

Thanks!  It is not listed on my Cruise Planner yet, and was wondering if it was something people were able to book ahead of time, or just on the island.  It is early for anything like that to appear on my cruise planner , but I will keep an eye out for it.  I would love to do this, however I am not paying more than $30 for it!  If I can get it for that, or under, I will purchase.  I am already keeping an eye on the beverage package to lower......lol

Suitelady - I just looked at the reservation and I see I booked  it  about 8 weeks prior to sailing.  The first  leg of the B2B had not been booked  at that time  so of course I was not interested in the price then. When I booked the cruise it was listed at  $54.99 

We were at the new Coco Cay a few weeks ago and wanted to see the ride but it was not  operating that day.

M

We watched the balloon "ride" from the Viking Crown while docked at CocoCay last month.  It went up, it hovered, it went down.  Picturesque to look at, but the ride over the trees and beach......well, you have a better view from the Viking Crown, IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

We watched the balloon "ride" from the Viking Crown while docked at CocoCay last month.  It went up, it hovered, it went down.  Picturesque to look at, but the ride over the trees and beach......well, you have a better view from the Viking Crown, IMO.

Thanks for the heads up.  We have it booked for the second leg of a B2B.  We'll check it out the first leg and if it looks lackluster, we cancel the booking for the second leg.

The on line  video shows beautiful vistas of the island and ocean. 

M

34 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The on line  video shows beautiful vistas of the island and ocean. 

M

I'm sure the video is gorgeous, but so was the view of all of CocoCay from the VC without paying the extra money to see it!

• Haha 1