Celebrity Web site and Incognito

Fogfog

So someone on a rollcall said she was being blocked to look into available staterooms and pricing on a sailing on which already booked

trying to help--I went to Celebrity via my normal browser and got an "error message--please call"  and it would not show me rates

Went Incognito and no problems at all.

Thoughts? 

33 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

So someone on a rollcall said she was being blocked to look into available staterooms and pricing on a sailing on which already booked

trying to help--I went to Celebrity via my normal browser and got an "error message--please call"  and it would not show me rates

Went Incognito and no problems at all.

Thoughts? 

Probably has something to do with your "cookie" settings.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Probably has something to do with your "cookie" settings.

This is the first time I have seen this

Have no clue how to fix this without messing around with cookies I want to keep

Went into utilities looking for the ability to selectively remove etc. also for good measure checked laptop systems/virus check/updates etc. All good there.

Just odd.

I do use both duck duck go and google

Try clearing your cookies and internet cache, then restarting your device. This has worked sometimes for me, and not at others, perhaps depending on whether those skinny little aliens Will Smith found smoking in the M.I.B. lounge in the first movie were doing their jobs.

6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

This is the first time I have seen this

Have no clue how to fix this without messing around with cookies I want to keep

Went into utilities looking for the ability to selectively remove etc. also for good measure checked laptop systems/virus check/updates etc. All good there.

Just odd.

I do use both duck duck go and google

Just saw you posted this as I was typing my reply.

If it is a laptop, I suggest making a record of your existing sites and passwords you want to keep, then using CCleaner to clear your cache, then restart. You will have to log in everywhere again, and sites will have to reload info they previously stored on your computer, but it is the best method (with AV and malware software) I know for clean browsing. 

Edited by mayleeman

I was blocked also from looking at prices on the one I had booked. I was able to look at other prices and stock for other cruises, but not the one I had booked. I tried on chrome, same thing. Went Incognito and boom , was in. 

Seems really REALLY shady. That's not a coincidence.

• Like 1

OK cleared my browser history, cache and download history

Not sure why any of that would be necessary..

Did keep cookies and passwords intact (option on advanced settings)

That I could look into pricing on a currently booked cruise from an Incognito window and not just through a browser (not signed into my celebrity account) seems odd

I am - however- not tech savvy enough to know why

TY to those offering thoughts/suggestions why its happening

I know yesterday some on FB complained the X site was acting wonky

As of now-- Celebrity site is loading fine. Coincidence ore related to above IDK

TY

Edited by Fogfog

Just like airlines can dynamically change prices based on what flights you looked at previously from your computer, it's entirely possible that X is trying to make it more inconvenient to price shop once you book.

I think they sadly underestimate the tenacity of regular cruisers. First time cruisers may not even think it odd and just assume the cruise is sold out if it doesn't display.

Whenever I do anything on the X website I always use an InPrivate or Incognito window. I have very few problems since I started doing that. The browsers I use are Edge, Chrome and Firefox. I also set my computer to automatically delete cookies upon shutdown. Using a normal browser without the InPrivate window, I often (read that almost always) encounter problems. 

I know you got this to work, but I'll try to explain what's happening so you'll know why...

Celebrity's site uses cookies and they store all sorts of information about you.  If you go incognito, those cookies are not there.  If you clear them, it's like you've never been there before.  Just like with the airlines, they work hard to tailor what you see to what they want you to see.  But it's not hard to get around.

I have three browsers I use for such things.  And only on Chrome do I keep any cookies.  It's my primary and I just do that for convenience.  You can use IE or Firefox and keep those "clean" if you don't want to go Incognito.

You could also hit one of the big online TAs since they often show different rooms for booking than the main cruiseline website, depending on how close to sail date you are.

Is the site having issue sin general

Using an incognito window/browser.. It won't let me check pricing on cruises we are booked in/on

Giving me the "error" please call message again