Cruise Critic Community
onyourmark

Millennium Coffee Card

Anyone sailing recently on the Millennium - did they offer a "coffee card" at Al Baccio Cafe ?  

This may be an ad-hoc offer on some ships.

There were coffee cards for sail on Eclipse on the transatlantic and agin in South America.  That's the only Celebrity ship I have seen them on.

Yes, those are the cards I was asking about.  Sure, they are not "free", but give you a decent discount on the non-alcoholic specialty coffee. 

Only on the Eclipse you say ?  Pity...

Thats cheap per coffee if it's "your choice" 

Have not seen this before

I have a funny feeling this maybe a few years old as it says 18% tip and I know that it is 20% on beverage packages today - so this maybe something they used to offer

The photo was from April 21, 2018 Eclipse transatlantic. 

They sold coffee cards again on Eclipse this spring (2019) but I didn’t take another photo of them.

as I said, I have not seen them on other ships.

1 hour ago, pl281 said:

I have a funny feeling this maybe a few years old as it says 18% tip and I know that it is 20% on beverage packages today - so this maybe something they used to offer

We were with "cruisestitch" this spring on the Eclipse.  We boarded the ship on March 10th and left on April 17th following a B2B2B.  The coffee cards were indeed for sale.  Periodically there was a small ad in the Celebrity Today -- almost as if the staff person in charge of printing the CT was trying to fill a little space when formatting it -- telling folks to inquire for details at the Cafe al Bacio.  The ad was so small that many folks likely missed it.  But for those interested in coffee cards it may be worth asking at Cafe al Bacio if they are available on your particular sailing.

Glad that I saw this post! 

I love my coffee and after sailing on Princess for so many years I have gotten used to a coffee card so I will definitely ask about one!  Hot coffee in cold Alaska....yum :classic_biggrin:

Back from our Caribbean cruise on the Reflection recently.  My quest for the Coffee Card continued.

After asking a staff member at Cafe Al Bacio she asked someone else who reached into the pantry under the espresso machine and was delighted to sell me the coffee beverage card for $29.95 plus 20% gratuity, which I applied to my on-board credit.

I shared the card with DW and enjoyed the coffee a few afternoons. They still asked for the Seapass card to swipe, and marked "X" on the numbered circles each time.  After 11 days I asked the server if anyone else has purchased this card. "No" , she said, "You're the only one who bought it".  Incidentally, they had a similar card for "crew", but I'm not sure what the cost was.  I'd say this is grossly under-promoted !

Hope this info helps coffee lovers (without a beverage package).

Coffee Card.jpg

28 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

Back from our Caribbean cruise on the Reflection recently.  My quest for the Coffee Card continued.

After asking a staff member at Cafe Al Bacio she asked someone else who reached into the pantry under the espresso machine and was delighted to sell me the coffee beverage card for $29.95 plus 20% gratuity, which I applied to my on-board credit.

I shared the card with DW and enjoyed the coffee a few afternoons. They still asked for the Seapass card to swipe, and marked "X" on the numbered circles each time.  After 11 days I asked the server if anyone else has purchased this card. "No" , she said, "You're the only one who bought it".  Incidentally, they had a similar card for "crew", but I'm not sure what the cost was.  I'd say this is grossly under-promoted !

Hope this info helps coffee lovers (without a beverage package).

Thanks for posting back with your quest and success for the Coffee Card on the Reflection.