How are PCC's Assigned?

atexsix

Forgive me if this has been covered, my searches don't net much since they revamped the website.  

Recently I contacted my PCC that handled my sailing last fall, an hour later I get an email from somebody I've never heard of without any explanation as to my PCC"s whereabouts.  Assuming this wasn't coincidence, why not professionally reply with "so and so moved on, I'm now handling her accounts"?  Because I'm reluctant to giving out billing/personal info to this stranger, especially if they are not associated with HAL.  And the reason why this could be a coincidence is because at times I get random PCC's contacting me about other cruise lines I have never sailed with and you couldn't pay me to try them.  Can any random spam email use the PCC handle to look legit?

So how are PCC's assigned?  Can I call the PCC office and choose someone myself?  I'm just curious on this because I'm leaning toward just using a CSA as stated in my other thread; all the perks and upgrades I've received over the years never came from a PCC.  I honestly don't see what I'd gain in using one at this point, they are a pain to get ahold of.

Just now, atexsix said:

they are a pain to get ahold of

Not if you get a good one.  My first one was fabulous, and attentive.  My next one was a complete dud who left HAL about a year after I got assigned to him. He could not have cared less about returning emails, returning phone calls ... I was glad he left HAL and I've had good to fabulous PCCs since then.  If I ever get another dud, I will request a different PCC.

I like having one point of contact, that's why I use a PCC instead of the 1-800 people.  I like knowing who I am emailing, and who is responding.

4 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Assuming this wasn't coincidence, why not professionally reply with "so and so moved on, I'm now handling her accounts"?  Because I'm reluctant to giving out billing/personal info to this stranger, especially if they are not associated with HAL. 

There will be a phone # in that email, if this person is your new PCC.  Try phoning and see if you connect with the person who "signed" the email.

We have a great PCC.  She's been with us for several years and knows us so well she is like a part of the family ☺️

Very responsive and on top of things.  She calls if she sees a cruise that she feels we would like.

We have a good PCC who's been with HAL for years.  In researching something else, I found his name listed as providing great service on a post from 2009!  So they are out there.

There's a main "800" number that you call to be connected to the PCC; they all have a 5 digit extension that starts with a 2.  Hope that helps!

Thank you, I will try calling, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

<break>

Just checked the email, the number is there along with the 5 digit extension which I believe is needed for the PCC Department.

Thanks folks!

Just ask "What happened to <name of previous PCC>??

They do get time off, too. My PCC always uses the same back-up PCC (at least every time I've needed action when she was out of the "office"); I've developed a mini-relationship with the back-up, too! I have both of their 5-digit extensions in my Contacts file.