Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
justhavingfun

Excursions Refund

Recommended Posts

Hello , Sailing to Alaska June 26 I booked the Mount Roberts Tramway . but have notice some people say sometimes it gets to foggy to see anything , If its gets to foggy while i be able to get a refund when i get back to the ship . Thanks for you help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you won't get a refund. I wouldn't book that in advance because the weather is so variable. You can buy a ticket for the tram on the day of your visit. If you don't want to gamble on the weather, you can cancel the tour now and the cost will be refunded to the credit card you used to book it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancel that excursion now.

 

Once you get to Juneau, then you can decide if you want to do the Mt Robert's Tramway.  Juneau has been very rainy this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We did this tram a couple of years ago and HAL offered it WITH a FULL REFUND OPTION  (you could bring the tickets back the next day after Juneau), for the same price as the walkup price, so we bought it.  Things may have changed, so check out the wording on the tour section and see what it says.

 

I just checked the HAL site and here is what I found - so you are safe:

 

"A full refund will be given for any unused tickets so there is no risk to purchasing prior to the call. You must bring your unused tickets back to the onboard tour desk staff by the end of the day."

 

 

Edited by DaveOKC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were there a month ago, bought the tickets ahead of time & they did have the refund info on the bottom of them. We had a gorgeous day & loved the views from the top. My cabin mate had been to Juneau two times before with terrible weather so couldn't go up so she was thrilled to go up this time. Hope you have great viewing weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not buy it ahead of time.

 

i have been to Juneau 5 times.  3 times the weather was great and two times it was raining and you could not see a view. 

 

If the the weather turns out to be nice go purchase the tram ticket from the Mt Roberts booth.

 

if the weather is cloudy go to Mendenhall Glacier.  The Glacier is beautiful in the rain or sunshine.  There will be kiosk at the port selling excursions.  You can purchase a round trip ticket bus ticket for $45..00 to the Glacier.  (That is what the price was last month)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, liketraveling said:

Do not buy it ahead of time.

 

i have been to Juneau 5 times.  3 times the weather was great and two times it was raining and you could not see a view. 

 

If the the weather turns out to be nice go purchase the tram ticket from the Mt Roberts booth.

 

if the weather is cloudy go to Mendenhall Glacier.  The Glacier is beautiful in the rain or sunshine.  There will be kiosk at the port selling excursions.  You can purchase a round trip ticket bus ticket for $45..00 to the Glacier.  (That is what the price was last month)

 

 

 

By bus ticket, do you mean a tour company? Did that bus get you closer to the visitor center than the regular public transportation bus does? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello Dave OKC can you tell me where you found this on the Hal site . Thank You 

I looked at the excursions offered on my Sept cruise and this was one of them.  I looked at the details of the excursion.

 

As I mentioned before, we experienced the same deal a couple of years ago on our cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are better off walking to the tram box office and purchasing tickets there. If the weather is bad, you don't go, period. The trams leave about every 10 minutes, so the line moves pretty fast. they hold a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

You are better off walking to the tram box office and purchasing tickets there. If the weather is bad, you don't go, period. The trams leave about every 10 minutes, so the line moves pretty fast. they hold a lot of people.

 

True, you can just buy at the box office, but by buying through HAL we did not have to wait in line and more importantly, we were able to use our OBC and get credit for purchases toward Mariner days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That;s true, but you can't cancel the day of the tour, and the Alaska weather is iffy at best.You will lose whatever you thought you had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

That;s true, but you can't cancel the day of the tour, and the Alaska weather is iffy at best.You will lose whatever you thought you had.

However, as noted above, that is not true for the Juneau tram. It's the same price on HAL as at the tram office, and can be refunded on the Juneau port day if the weather is not up to par (or any other reason).
Dave's logic is excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

By bus ticket, do you mean a tour company? Did that bus get you closer to the visitor center than the regular public transportation bus does? 

 

The RT bus ticket Bus ticket to Mendenhall Glacier is one of the tours that is offered at the kiosks when arriving in Juneau.

 

The bus leaves adjacent to the Mt Roberts Tram area where all the tour buses are.  The bus drops you off right by Mendenhall Glacier drop off and pick up Area.

 

The $45.00 does get you closer then the regular public transportation.  I have not used the public transportation but have talked to folks that have to get the exercise.

 

The buses depart Mendenhall Glacier every half hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...